Venting enclosed fridge. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smritte

SILVER Star
Threads
A couple of months ago, I was on a trip and one of the guys I camped with had added some extra venting and a couple of small fans to his fridge enclosure. He had said his fridge would overheat on hot days while it was put away (slide's out the side like mine will). His was a bought trailer from one of the better companies (don't remember which). The ventilation they installed wasn't enough so he modded it. Now he has no issues.
I remembered this as I was building my cabinets, shelves and enclosures on my new trailer today.
Mine is mounted in the very rear of my trailer and will slide out the passenger side.
Looking for idea's for fans and/or vents.

I used an adjustable electric t-stat and a couple 80mm 'computer box fans' sourced from amazon. that might have been overkill.....

I used an adjustable electric t-stat and a couple 80mm 'computer box fans' sourced from amazon. that might have been overkill.....

I'm looking at something like this. As i was finishing my rear storage shelves yesterday, I left a passage (chimney) along the side to allow the heat to go up. I'm going to install a vent low in the back with a filter (intake) and a vent high on the side (exhaust). The latter I want to put a thermal controlled fan (blowing out) but have had an issue finding a 12 volt thermal switch that was not a water switch.

Cool.
Snap Disk switch's. I knew of them but didn't know what they were called.
Found this one LINK. That has the temp range i'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom