VDEG 4 has been released (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RedHeadedStepChild

Proudly wearing my MC1R mutation!
Threads
Tom Sheppard has partnered with Jonathan Hanson to release this 4th edition.
Not sure how many they're printing, but I think it will be limited.
I got an email notification that they were ready for orders.
I had some time to kill at a BP station in Sanford Friday night so I went ahead and ordered mine up then.

You can check it out here:
http://www.desertwinds.co.uk/index.html

I've read through a bunch of them... not sure what the new edition brings to the table but it is less expensive than finding a used earlier edition.

It is worth the cost if you are planning on a serious expedition. Like most British guides to doing anything it is extremely detailed almost to the point of it being way too tedious, they really echo german guides in this way. But there is a ton of useful information in it. If you aren't planning on doing an extreme expo through multiple countries then I wouldn't say jump on it.

His other books are well worth the read from an adventure read standpoint. I had a copy of "Quiet for a Tuesday" but it somehow was lost.... have been meaning to pick up another as I wasn't that far into it when it went missing.

I've never managed to lay hands on earlier version.
From what I've read on Overland Tech and Travel (I think) the main difference is a less Eurocentric focus (read intended for US audience). I believe that's why Sheppard brought Hanson in. I think there's also supposed to be a bit of detail on use of more modern systems and of course that's key for my rig ;).
As far as cost goes, it was something like $80 with shipping. I can read it and keep it, or since its a limited run, eBay it if I decide I don't want it. I don't think it'll fetch much less than what I'm paying if I go that way

most likely you'll fetch more, when earlier copies pop up for sale they are most of the time in the $200 range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom