For Sale Vancouver Island: 1981 BJ60 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
red
1981 Canadian BJ60 for sale. Asking $7,500 CAD. Runs and drives great, but the body is rusted out and the frame is also not in great shape. Truck has been in dry storage for the last two years. Here is a short list of what has been done:
  • 3b diesel engine (Engine is from a 40 series with unknown mileage. It fired up first crank when I bought it, and compression was even across the board, which is why I put it into this truck).
  • Brand new Garrett turbo (less than 25,000km) with home-made exhaust manifold
    and intake crossover
  • Transmission upgraded to H55F 5 speed (re-bearinged)
  • New clutch (less than 25,000km)
  • Transfer case gone through and modified for 2Lo
  • Very low mileage 4.11 diffs
  • Pyrometer and boost gauges mounted on dash
  • Spring-over-axle swap, using factory springs with an extra leaf added at each corner (equivalent to approx. 5”- 6” lift)
  • Front axle was cut and turned
  • Interior 4 point roll bar
  • Hi-steer set up using Aqualu steering arm
  • 3” stainless steel and aluminized steel exhaust system (need a bit of work)
  • Custom steel front winch bumper, with Warn M8000 winch
  • Custom steel rear bumper with 2” receiver, tied into quarter panel rock sliders
  • American racing 17” steel wheels with 285/75R17 (honest 34”) Toyo Open Country MT tires
  • Custom front driveshaft
  • New headlights and wiring from Daniel Stern
  • Tons of spare parts: Garrett turbo (needs bearing), 4spd tranny and tcase, fuel pumps x3, starter, oil pan, 4 16” x 7” steel wheels with 255/85R16 (33 1/3”) Toyo M-55 tires, new ARB awning, and lots more
The bad
  • Body has significant rust
  • Needs new batteries (fires up easily with charges batteries)
  • Front axle is not engaging in 4wd (undiagnosed issue)
  • Winch needs new solenoid
Vehicle is complete, and was a very reliable daily driver until I put it away. I have receipts for thousands of dollars of work. My plan was to get a donor 60 or 40 series body/frame and transfer over all the goodies from my truck. Maybe you have a 60 or 40 series already! The interior is worn, but typical for an old truck.

If anyone is serious and thinks this vehicle is worth their energy, please let me know. Would also be interested in a donor 60 if you have one lying around...

Cheers,

Jorge
IMG_9678.jpg
IMG_9679.jpg
IMG_9694.jpg
IMG_9684.jpg
IMG_9686.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom