Value of 2006 LX vs 2001 LC? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is the low hanging fruit that you can probably add to the '01 without trading:

- wood grain steering wheel, $250
- backup camera, $150
- improved stereo, $500 (higher if you really go nuts)
- more comfortable seats? (I only test drove two LX's an didn't notice a difference in the seats, others would know better.)
- quieter cabin, $200 of Dynamat would help. Will be more if you have to pay someone to install.

I would throw at least $1K for the five year difference, but if miles are the same and we are adjusting cost on a feature by feature upgrade I wouldn't much more.

The 5-speed that gives 1-2 mpg more gas won't make much of a difference unless yo drive a lot. If you drive 10K miles per year you will save $175 dollars assuming a 1.5 mpg gain and $2.50 gallon gas. Gas goes up you'll be wanting those mpgs.

This is the tougher part:

45 HP will cost you. I just read a Mud post where someone installed a TRD supercharger for around $2,500. The post was old, so I bet it will be more and not sure if that will get you to the goal.

The increased ride and handling I assume come from the HSC. I have read a lot of people remove the HSC for conventional suspension when the system breaks.

If HSC is in good shape and you really want the extra power, it would be a lot easier to swap the truck than put in all the work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom