For Sale UZJ100 Rear Spoiler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Removed the factory spoiler/third brake light from my silver 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser. It's in good shape. Asking $50 obo or if you have the third brake light that mounts to the lift gate I'll trade you straight up/you pay for any shipping. PM for photos.

Can you take a picture of yours? By chance is it this, the simple black metal spoiler?

upload_2017-11-27_16-32-27.png

Sorry but I just saw your post. No, mine is the whale tale.

4284.jpeg

I didn't even know they had different styles available.

4283.jpeg

PM sent..

Sold.

Removed the factory spoiler/third brake light from my silver 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser. It's in good shape. Asking $50 obo or if you have the third brake light that mounts to the lift gate I'll trade you straight up/you pay for any shipping. PM for photos.

I hate my whale tail and am trying to remove it. I've removed the two screws on top located under the plastic caps but it's still tight. What else is holding it on??

Your help will be REALLY appreciated.

There is some double sided tape still holding it on. After you break that loose, there is a plastic button on each side that is attached to the hatch. If I remember correctly, after breaking the double sided tape loose, you need to slide the spoiler up (maybe down?) to get it off of the buttons. Once you get it off it will all make sense!
Good luck.

There is some double sided tape still holding it on. After you break that loose, there is a plastic button on each side that is attached to the hatch. If I remember correctly, after breaking the double sided tape loose, you need to slide the spoiler up (maybe down?) to get it off of the buttons. Once you get it off it will all make sense!
Good luck.

Yeah that does make sense. It sounds the same as for a 4Runner that I found on youtube but the tape wasn't mentioned. It looks like it slides down. I tried sliding it up and down but it didn't move and I was afraid to destroy it. I guess I have to pry or pull it outward from the body near the screws in order to break the tape hold before it will slide. I think I can proceed now without worrying about destroying it.

Thank you!

Good luck.

Got it off ... but how did you remove the plastic buttons? Did you replace the spoiler with something else? I just want to get back to the clean classic look. You sent a nice pre-pic. Will you share a current pic?

I just drilled out the aluminum rivets. Haven't done anything with the holes yet except put PVC tape over them. I may install small LEDs on one or both sides. Or most likely use rubber washers and stainless button cap screws/nuts and be done.

I just drilled out the aluminum rivets. Haven't done anything with the holes yet except put PVC tape over them. I may install small LEDs on one or both sides. Or most likely use rubber washers and stainless button cap screws/nuts and be done.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom