US vs Australia specs -- front bumper fitting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really like this front bumper from Offroad Animal in Australia: Toro Bull bar, Suitable for Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series, 2015 on - https://offroadanimal.com.au/toro-bull-bar-suitable-for-toyota-land-cruiser-200-series-2015-on/

1611939281568.png

The lines follow the 2016 nicely, and I like the protection offered the radiator and lights. Offroad Animal tells me they can ship to the US and match the paint. But they can't confirm it will fit a US spec LC200, and they have been held off from US travel to take measurements due to the pandemic.

Anyone know if an Australian-fitted bumper will fit a US 200?

I have little doubt it will fit as I've put on 2 Rhino bull bars without issue. The paint match they offer likely won't work however because Australia gets slightly different colors than we get here in the US. I wanted to order the Rhino already painted, but the better option was to get it painted by a body shop locally to ensure paint match.

I have little doubt it will fit as I've put on 2 Rhino bull bars without issue. The paint match they offer likely won't work however because Australia gets slightly different colors than we get here in the US. I wanted to order the Rhino already painted, but the better option was to get it painted by a body shop locally to ensure paint match.
Interesting. So the same color code can have different colors between countries?

Interesting. So the same color code can have different colors between countries?

I think they are different colors entirely. If you look closely at the Australia color palette, they are slightly different across the board. I thought this might be brandywine for example, but it's not - much more red. The only way to ensure a good match is to just get it painted by a local body shop which is what I did twice. It's worth it for sure.

Land-Cruiser-200-Series-main.jpg

I really like this front bumper from Offroad Animal in Australia: Toro Bull bar, Suitable for Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series, 2015 on - https://offroadanimal.com.au/toro-bull-bar-suitable-for-toyota-land-cruiser-200-series-2015-on/

View attachment 2568663

The lines follow the 2016 nicely, and I like the protection offered the radiator and lights. Offroad Animal tells me they can ship to the US and match the paint. But they can't confirm it will fit a US spec LC200, and they have been held off from US travel to take measurements due to the pandemic.

looks like @TRAIL TAILOR bumper

I think they are different colors entirely. If you look closely at the Australia color palette, they are slightly different across the board. I thought this might be brandywine for example, but it's not - much more red. The only way to ensure a good match is to just get it painted by a local body shop which is what I did twice. It's worth it for sure.

Land-Cruiser-200-Series-main.jpg

Good to know. Would you have the body shop paint prior to install?

Another thing to consider is damage during shipment. If you just order in primer and it gets scratched, no big deal. But I would not risk paying for color match, and then paying to repaint it once it arrives.
And yes, have it painted before you install it. At least I did with the Rhino I just removed from the 2020 black one i just sold.

Good to know. Would you have the body shop paint prior to install?

Yes definitely. You want to cover all sides which wouldn't be possible if it was installed. Just be careful not to scratch the pieces when installing (lay on a soft surface for example).

Do you guys recommend a certain paint technology/approach for a bumper? (I have a powder coater working right now on some things for me)

My previous truck was midnight black metallic. I am not a painting expert but, I think the only way to match the paint was the base coat clear coat like the factory applied. So that’s what the body shop did on mine. Perhaps a powder coat person could match your paint?

Do you guys recommend a certain paint technology/approach for a bumper? (I have a powder coater working right now on some things for me)
IF you want a true color match, you really are going to have to have an auto paint shop paint it. The colors available in powder coat are seemingly endless, but you won't get an exact match without using automotive paint and clear coat just like the truck was finished with originally.

That's just great! I was happy with my stock silver truck and thinking I'd just sell the rhino bumper from the black truck! But then mcgaskins' has to post up a silver tuck with a similar bumper..... You guys aren't helping with all these ideas!!!
and it's even got the tires I "need" on it!

View attachment 2568663

Did you order it from Offroad Animal? Did it fit? Do you love it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom