Uptick in LC/LX scammers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. First time long time here. And by "long" time I mean a year since creating a membership which isn't that long at all. I'm very grateful for the content. I started reading mud when looking for my LX 570. Ended up finding a pearl 08 w 90k miles. Purchased a one way ticket to Boston and drove it back to Indianapolis Dec of 21. I was willing to travel for this one as the maintenance history was impeccable (oil changed every 5k miles since new at dealership, all scheduled 15k maint. done i.e. water pump at 60k etc). My wife and I instantly loved the truck for it's comfort, power, and reliability. Winter snow driving is a blast in the LX.

I've learned a ton about the vehicle here! Most recent was the step by step ACH flush this summer which went almost exactly as planned. I do any maintenance I can myself so thanks to everyone for such a great resource.

Onto the reason for this post - I've started looking for my next Cruiser...guess I've got the bug. Searching for the right LX450. One method I've been using is Facebook marketplace, searching from different cities across the country with a 500 mile radius. In the last 2 weeks I've encountered 2 separate, very sophisticated scamming attempts. These 2 vehicles couldn't have been more different - one was nearly mint, the other almost a junker. I didn't end up losing any money, but was so blinded by the deal nearly I did. I've bought and sold several vehicles online, work at a well known website and deal with fishing/scam/check fraud attempts almost daily, so wouldn't consider myself naïve....but dang it I guess anyone can be fooled.

Has anyone else experienced an uptick in scammers for these vehicles? I'm thinking a very enthusiastic niche customer is probably a good target.

Scammers are everywhere, they (Russian, Pakistani, etc.) even post in our local small town newspaper.

Scammers have been everywhere since beginning of time, in every country and civilization. When coupled with local conflics and unrest, its no surprise this is even more evident in a global environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom