Upholstery Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a recommendation to go to Karen's Customizing INC in North Charleston. Ran into a hot rod shop trying to find the place and ended up having the guy there do my front seats on my LX. Guy did a bang up job and cut me a sweet deal compared to other quotes. Can't remember the name of the place and it may not be there anymore, but's the first building on the right when you pull into the business center at 5700 Dorchester.

Another place that I've seen that does good work is Holy City Trim Shop. Guy does choppers, boats and hot rods, but i'm sure he'd do Lexus seats.

I had a recommendation to go to Karen's Customizing INC in North Charleston. Ran into a hot rod shop trying to find the place and ended up having the guy there do my front seats on my LX. Guy did a bang up job and cut me a sweet deal compared to other quotes. Can't remember the name of the place and it may not be there anymore, but's the first building on the right when you pull into the business center at 5700 Dorchester.

Another place that I've seen that does good work is Holy City Trim Shop. Guy does choppers, boats and hot rods, but i'm sure he'd do Lexus seats.
Did you go the l seat route or did he replace all your leather?

He ended up doing custom vinyl seat bottom replacements. He also added more foam under the seat which helped with comfort. Unfortunately the seat warmers don't really work well, but I don't miss them but one month out of the year.

I will say I'm not completely familiar with what an "L seat" is. Is this a pre-manufactured cover?

He ended up doing custom vinyl seat bottom replacements. He also added more foam under the seat which helped with comfort. Unfortunately the seat warmers don't really work well, but I don't miss them but one month out of the year.

I will say I'm not completely familiar with what an "L seat" is. Is this a pre-manufactured cover?

Yeah, several users have gotten them and they look pretty solid. Essentially just a full leather cover and needs to be professionally installed

I will throw out there that there are some great seat cover options out there. In hindsight I should have just gone this route for my truck because I'm about to order these for my front seats even after getting the upholstery done. My truck is a 330k hunt truck/boat puller so I beat it up and don't worry too much about the interior. Durable seat covers are a must.

I ordered these for my back seats mainly for the dog. These things are great. Easy to clean and very durable. The duraplus material is similar to a duck/canvas

Ordered these for the Wife's GX460. They fit very tight and most people don't realize they're seat covers:

I used Grady’s Upholstery off of Dorchester Rd just behind to Melcer Tile to install a full leather kit and ORM cushions in my ‘94 -80 series 3 years ago. Very good work, and very fair price. The shop does lots of dealership repair work. (843) 552-7457

I used Grady’s Upholstery off of Dorchester Rd just behind to Melcer Tile to install a full leather kit and ORM cushions in my ‘94 -80 series 3 years ago. Very good work, and very fair price. The shop does lots of dealership repair work. (843) 552-7457
I used them for my 4Runner a few years back. I think his quotes were 150 for drivers seat side vinyl repair, 500 to replace front leather, 900 front and back. Seemed reasonable - I just did vinyl repair and went well. Nice guy running it - old school genuine dude not in a rush to get me in and out. Took his time talking to me which goes a long way me and services. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom