Updated seats BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was looking to update the seats in my truck that had seen better days and called Toby up at Scheel-Mann, he was very helpful. I ordered the brackets from Planted but they needed a lot of modification to work. I am very pleased with the look and comfort which I assume will get even better after using them awhile. Great upgrade, feels like a new truck and I no longer lean to one side when driving.

Takeaways;
Not the simplest to mount but that wouldn't matter regardless of seat mfg chosen. This floor pan is "Unique"
Heavier than I expected they feel like they are twice the weight of the factory units.
Puckered a little when I had to cut the fabric on the side to mount the armrest.
I think a drunk monkey at the factory applies the liberal amount of locktite to the slider bolts, they take some effort to install
I now have room under the seats to mount my powered subwoofer without noticeably raising the seating height
Instructions that come with them are outdated but easy to figure out

I believe I am going to order a set for my 87 Silverado since they feel so good. I am not going to pull the recaros from my other cars and replace them with Scheel-Mann but future purchases are going to be a tough decision between the two (this may change as I get more time in them)

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

This looks nice .. I was in contact with Toby, quote for the recommended model

he also recommend this brackets ..

have my doubts about them if they will work ..

This looks nice .. I was in contact with Toby, quote for the recommended model

he also recommend this brackets ..

have my doubts about them if they will work ..
wedge makes brackets for scheel mann seats specifically for the 60 series I would contact them and have them send you some pictures to verify against yours before ordering. I made my planted work with some effort BUT they do not offer them specifically for my truck. I have wedge brackets in one of my 71 gto and 73 trans am and they were a perfect fit.

Hello, I have a BJ 74 and would like a seat that allows better access to the back seat. Not finding much info. Since a couple of you have experience with these and recaro's what's your thoughts? Please and thank you!!!

Scheel-Mann seats will make legroom tighter for the passengers in your backseat. It is a larger seat for sure.

backseat.jpg

Also scheel-man doesn’t have a quick release lever (at least not on mine) to fold the seat forward for backseat entry/exit like the oem seats.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I'm trying to figure out how I can have our baby seat up front and still get our dog in the back seat easily. That way while Mom's working I can take my truck and not the Prado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom