Upcoming trip to 30A - Point Washington State Forest road question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
Good Morning all,

We are planning a trip down to the 30A area next week and while looking over the area on Google Earth, I noticed what looked like some dirt/sand roads and then as I zoomed in, I realized that this was a State Forest and these looked like off-road trials. I have been on the Point Washington website and the FL park site and I am having trouble figuring out if these are accessible to ride on with a vehicle or not. I find info about ATV and ROV and other permits, but don't see anything specific to taking our LX on a quick trip to ride the forest roads.

Any of you guys know anything about the area and if these roads are open or a no-no.

thanks,

Matthew

Yes, no problem, they are all legal forest service roads. You will be pretty bored if you are used to real wheeling.

Thanks, well it is a family trip and while the beach is not my jam, the family loves it, so I figured it might be a good alternative to just ride around and explore if I get tired of the sitting around. I enjoy a fire road about as much as a rock these days. But mainly it'll just give me an alternative to sitting around and being antsy.

Don't have the winch mounted yet, but based on your response, I shouldn't be any issues riding on the sand? LX570 on 275/60 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Thanks, well it is a family trip and while the beach is not my jam, the family loves it, so I figured it might be a good alternative to just ride around and explore if I get tired of the sitting around. I enjoy a fire road about as much as a rock these days. But mainly it'll just give me an alternative to sitting around and being antsy.

Don't have the winch mounted yet, but based on your response, I shouldn't be any issues riding on the sand? LX570 on 275/60 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

You’ll be fine just stay out of the mud. It’s always a lot deeper then it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom