Wanted Unmolested 78 FJ40 harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curtice

SILVER Star
Threads
Shot in the dark. Wondering if anyone has one in decent shape? Mine for my restoration is in bad shape and pretty hacked up. Might be easier to start with a better one than fix one.

thanks.

Last edited:
Not being trite at all, but if you’ve got the basic shape - ie lengths of various harnesses and splice points and bends and such - building a whole new one is not impossible. @Coolerman stocks pretty much everything. There are wiring diagrams out there and these old trucks aren’t terribly complicated.
I learned a lot building my harness, and know for sure there are no crazy frayed wires or PO splices, etc.
I wish you best finding a donor harness (and I know this isn’t the tech thread), but if no bites here, you might just build it.
Good luck, Trav.-

Yeah. I can certainly go that route. But a bit of money for less work is worth it to me, so figured I’d put it out there. I’m missing quite a few things, and tons of non oem stuff grafted in. It’s easier for me to start with something good. But I can build if I need. Appreciate the advice!

Thanks. I’ve had bad experiences there. I guess could try again. I may just follow the advice above and rebuild what I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom