Unknown silver can sorta thing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, on the inside of my front bumper on the left hand side there is a silver canister thingy. First off, what is it? Second of all, I have started to design a front bumper that I am going to make and I would like to know if it is possible to move the thing and not effect anything. Has anyone done anything about this in the past? Thanks,

-Bryan

Bryan,

The silver canister is part of the A/C system (dryer?). On earlier models it was mounted up higher and more behind the grill. On later models, Toyota put it much lower (too low) and it is more behind the bumper than the grill.

It can be relocated but not easily. You'll probably want it done by an A/C shop since moving it will involve losing the refrigerant and the system will need to be recharged.

I plan to relocate mine but since I don't plan to do it myself, I will wait until it hits something which will bend or break the coolant lines. Then moving it won't be a big deal since it will have to be recharged anyway.

-B-

Thanks -B-, guess I'll have to figgure something our for that too. I'll let ya know what happens.

-Bryan

Bryan,
As you look at it more closely, conisder some type of dryer skid plate. That might not look too bad and would protect it if designed well. Make two. :G
-B-

Nah - I like B's approach - whack it then move it. :D

Gee - I can almost imagine hitting something in the middle of the highway on the way home from wheeling. See Mr. Ins dude, this uh, thing just fell off a truck and I hit it.

Not that I would do that of course, but can almost see myself hitting something. :flipoff2: :D

Funny you didn't manage to wack it this weekend at Dave's. I was sure you would.

It's the only thing that didn't get hit. Next time will paint a picture of a thong on it and use it for rock target practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom