Unknown plug under hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking under the hood of the 2010 GX460 today, and found this unused plug in front of the radiator. It is between the radiator and the grill. I'm curious if anybody knows what it is for, and where I might find its mate. I don't see any other plugs or cables nearby that make an obvious mate, so I'm stumped for now.

Last edited:
That is the plug for the forward facing camera. That’s part of the somewhat rare driver assist package. There should be another plug that is capped near there, that one is for the radar. Again part of the same package.

EDIT: and just FYI, you can’t just order the camera and plug it in and expect it to work. There’s something else in the system than needs to be added, I’ve heard at least one wing mirror camera, for it to become functional. I’ve not heard of anyone adding the feature. I bought a used front camera and plugged it in, but it doesn’t function as of yet.

That is the plug for the forward facing camera. That’s part of the somewhat rare driver assist package. There should be another plug that is capped near there, that one is for the radar. Again part of the same package.

Yes, there is another plug that is capped in that same bundle of cables. I don't care too much to have the camera, but I wouldn't mind having the radar for dynamic cruise control.

Thanks for clearing this up for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom