Uneven Tread Wear - LX's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The cause is unnecessary alignments by the dealers while the vehicle is in low AHC. I used to have the entry assist on all the time until I went to the Toyota dealer the other day for a routine oil change. They have one of those drive thru alignment machines upon entry to the garage and they said it needed an alignment. I told them no, it is driving just fine and tire wear is fine. I have since turned off the assist. I'll bet the next time it goes through the machine it will be fine.

The cause is unnecessary alignments by the dealers while the vehicle is in low AHC. I used to have the entry assist on all the time until I went to the Toyota dealer the other day for a routine oil change. They have one of those drive thru alignment machines upon entry to the garage and they said it needed an alignment. I told them no, it is driving just fine and tire wear is fine. I have since turned off the assist. I'll bet the next time it goes through the machine it will be fine.
Great advise thanks! So is it advisable to lock it in N and get it aligned at the dealer or an independent alignment shop? I assume H is not the ideal option

High and Low are not normal driving situations and therefore the vehicle reverts back to neutral when above 17 mph (or is it 21 mph), anyway if you drop the LX off and it's in the entry assist/Low mode, it is unlikely that it will revert to the normal height from the entrance to the shop lift, i.e. exceeding the 17 mph speed needed.

I put mine in N, turned off the green sitting person, and pressed the ahc off button (while in N)
I did that at the shop, but before it went on the rack. Ideally it could go on the rack in N and have a chance to level to the flat rack.
But my trust in the alignment shop re: mode management wasn’t high. Alignment is their specialty not AHc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom