Undercoating? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, paint the underside of your truck. Scrape, wire brush, degrease, acid wash and paint three times. Will take you about 3 days. I'll show you how to make a special brush to get inside the frame.

Then hit with WD on a regular basis.

-Stumbaugh

Or, take plan B.

Just take care of the frame. Spend a day just prepping and painting that. In a few years, maybe longer, get a new tub. Cheaper than having a garage. I built a garage a few years ago and it alone cost more to build than 20 years of this hobby.

Unless your body tub is mint, this might be a good plan.

-Stumbaugh

My tub is certainly not mint. The wheel wells are hacked up.

When the salt hits the roads my 40 does not. I have already sacrificed my mini to the state of MD and their love of salt, they are not getting another one of my trucks.

I used to love driving in snow in this area but once the SUV boom hit with the invention of the explorer, etc there are way too many jackasses on the road when it snows. I decided it was no longer fun when a cherokee passed me with about a 6in. of snow on the road at about 60 mph then proceeded to lose control and pinwheel around about three times just missing me before they ended up in the ditch.

We all know people in this area can't drive when there is even an inch of snow on the ground, give them 4wd and they suddenly think they can. Not good. Do your 40 a favor and leave it at home.

Actually, an inch of rain just sucks in this area. I too experienced the out of control jeep G. Cherokee on the way to PA a few years ago. Upside down against a rock wall on 270. I will admit that I too was driving quite fast but never beyond the abilities of the truck/driver :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom