Ultimate Southern Offroad Loop (SOL) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check out my loop me and some buds came up with. We have had about 40-60 people do/attempt it on bikes. But would be a great overland route. We literally went thru 6 states from sea level to over a mile high in NC. The goal was as much back dirt roads as possible. Very doable for most 4wds. With plenty of opertunities for more extreme crawling/mudding. It was 1850 miles. It took us 6 days. But we were moving pretty good.You can camp or stay in hotels. Or mix it up a bit like we did. Its a ever evolving route. This was the first run. The idea is to refine with input from everyone. We basically took alot of little sections and put them together. We need to work on the NW corner in GA. There was too much asphalt for my taste. Anyone have any trails that way?
Southern DS Loop ADV Style - ADVrider

SouthernDSLoop.jpg

What do you guys think of the Southern Offroad Loop(SOL)?

Anyone interested? I thought this would be ideal place to try and get some guys together.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a significant route and come July I am going to attempt to try a portion of it starting just North of Savannah,

I knew there were some adventurous souls out there

We were about as "outback" as you can get in some of the southern portions. We started in Augusta. And headed South. We got right in the sand. And stayed in it for a day and a half. This was a tough section on bikes. It literally sent some to the house/hospital.:doh:
I would recommend some boards. Or at least a winch.:D There are also 2 issues we encountered. One was that we ended up on Ft. Stewart.:whoops: I do not recommend this. And I do not endorsed the use of 2way radios to "avoid" the MPs.;) A few of us paid hefty fines.:censor: Then we went on some very challenging sandy whooped out logging roads that went on for miles. Way way back into the woods. It was great. Until we ran into a dead end of sorts-posted property.:censor: Since none of us wanted to get shot. Our only "good" choice was to turn around. The good part was that we got to ride all the way thru that section again. The bad part was we had to ride all thru that section again. Those were the only 2 issues we had route wise. Not bad considering we were blazing a trail.:clap: The good news is every one gets to learn from our mistakes. Rubicon maybe you can sort that section out for us. Are you planning on heading North or South? Some guys have planned their direction to work with/around the weather. One of the many benefits of a loop. You can get on/off anywhere. It's also very accessible for 90% of the South. A lot of people are doing it in sections. Due to time constraints. Let us know how it goes.:cheers:

Last edited:
Fun stuff, thanks for posting. I live on the west side of the loop, near i20, and may try the northwest or west southwest portion this summer.

I Would Reccomend The South-West Corner

The NW corner is the one that needs more work. It was mostly nice back country roads. Nice-but not very adventurous. Run down and camp at Carravelle on the Gulf. Then you can pick up 75 and blast back home.:steer:

Any updates on this? I'd really enjoy doing something like this with my son, or just sections of it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom