uhf radio recommendations in oz? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I require a uhf radio to have around 20km of range for a dangerous part of log truck road. Any recommendations please.? Aerial?

I have learnt I need something better than what can reach my buddy in sight in front of me for example.
I don't think the oricom 025 would do the job..

I require a uhf radio to have around 20km of range for a dangerous part of log truck road. Any recommendations please.? Aerial?

I have learnt I need something better than what can reach my buddy in sight in front of me for example.
I don't think the oricom 025 would do the job..
UHF signals by its nature will be largely line of sight and limited by terrain such as hills and trees in between receiver and transmitter. You might get 20 km sometimes but for reliable comm you'll need a repeater.

total newbie to uhf, can you add a repeater to a uhf radio or are some incorporated with a repeater?
last 3 weeks both a truckie and a close neigbour 40kms away told me I need one. They don't sell them and I don't meet many folk out there.

The ex-army neighbour said he keeps letting the trucks know he is coming as he winds up the track.

oh I see, a repeater is placed on a mountain top, exy things! It would get stolen or shot to pieces out there, it is the wild lands.

I think I have to do what the army guy does...the loggers have their own uhf channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom