Two steps forward, one step back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please help if you can!

I had partially installed the Painless harness a few months ago but was stuck when I could not figure out how to hook up to all the plugs and switches. I wrapped up the wiring with paper and set under the dash until I finished the body work.

This weekend however, we were welding the roll cage in and the paper caught fire. all of that new wire and fuse block was burned.:crybaby: including some plugs in the dash. Miraculously, the fresh painted dash was not charred. only slight melting of the dash pad!

So I'm at a dilemma, should I go buy a new harness or spend time repairing?

What about a different brand? is there a better harness out there?

I would love to find a OEM wiring harness for a 12/78 FJ40, so if you guys happen to be talking to your resources out there, please be on the lookout for this!

Thanks,
D Ray

you might check with Bobby at The Cruiser Company in Little Rock AR. He has redone several haresses, mine included (5/78). If he doesn't have one, he'll most likely know a source.
www.cruiserco.com

wiring harness work

I talked to Bobby and he can re-furbish mine for $400. Not bad since I can reinstall myself.

I have an EZ wiring harness from Danny's Hotrod that I was going to install in my old 40 and decided I really did not need it. I will sell it for a lot less than 400 bucks. I was thinking for like $75 plus shipping.
I began installing, but figured out that I only needed to place a couple of wires on the old harness. Just last week, I wrapped the EZ harness back up and zip tied it up like it came delivered to me. Two wires have been cut, but they were for things that you really dont have on a 40; one was for the power ant. and I will have to look to see what the other was to. However they were not cut very short, so if you want to run them to something else, you can just splice more wire to it.
I believe it is an 18 circuit harness and all wires are labled.
Just an option for you. let me know if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom