tulsa area cruiser gurus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am moving to tulsa in about 5 months and am bringing with me my 1967 fj40. I have done a bunch of work to it in the past 8 years but once I get to tulsa I anticipate time constraints will prevent me from doing my own work. I am wondering if there is a cruiser knowledgable shop in the tulsa region which doesn't mind taking on projects such as replacing wiring harnesses, fabricating a power steering set up, and a couple other smaller issues? Thanks for any advice and I look foward to meeting the members and rigs of the green country cruisers

Brian Drake

Hi Brian, Buck Cowen here....I am a newer Cruiser owner....and a Realtor.
Need any real estate help? Welcome to Tulsa!:beer:

HIPPYHUNTER said:
Hi Brian, Buck Cowen here....I am a newer Cruiser owner....and a Realtor.
Need any real estate help? Welcome to Tulsa!:beer:

i'm a new Cruiser owner in tulsa as well. And also in Real estate. I drive a gold 40th anniversary with front wrap grille and a hood with non-functioning hood scoop.

Sam's Offroad and Young's 4x4 are the 2 shops I know about in town. I had Young's rebuild a transfer case on my Chevy Truck years ago. That is my only experience with either one of them.

Welcome to Tulsa (early) and hope you can attend a few GCC meetings.

Dave

=NCG=Blind Man said:
i'm a new Cruiser owner in tulsa as well. And also in Real estate. I drive a gold 40th anniversary with front wrap grille and a hood with non-functioning hood scoop.

Hey is that Gary Coberly's old 80?

Riverrock97 said:
Hey is that Gary Coberly's old 80?

Nope. i got mine from a guy named Vernon. He put the hoodscoop and grille lights on.

I need to take it to a paint shop and get some work done on the hood though. They blended the old scoop into the hood, but over time cracks have developed on the leading edges. i'd like to get that fixed.

Okie_dave said:
Welcome to Tulsa (early) and hope you can attend a few GCC meetings.

Dave

Well I know i'll just jump to the top of the popularity contest with this one, but after reading through this forum it Appears that the local club is having troubles with participation and meet showups. [URL="https://forum.ih8mud.com/show...tps://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=84546

When is the next meet anyways? I saw something about a September TLCA meet on the forums page. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=93920

but didn't see anything about an upcoming GCC meet (except this https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=92753 discussing possible locations) on the main GCC forum page (If i missed it please go easy on me, after all i AM blind :cool: )

AND, it also appears that the GCC is very OKC focused. Don't get me wrong, I'll make the drive to hang out with some Cruiser heads, i'd just like to see Tulsa get some luvin too.

The official meetings are the third Saturday every other month (Feb,Apr,Jun,Aug,Oct,Dec) in Tulsa at Ollie's. An off month meeting started in Oklahoma City - the off month meeting was what the posts were about.

GCC has members all over Oklahoma - but also in Ark, Kansas, Colorado, Missouri , etc. There are a lot of member from the OKC area and alot of them come to the Tulsa meetings (when they can).

The next meeting will be a picnic at Disney (near Grand Lake) on June 17th. Some of the guys are camping there over the weekend.

I am in the Tulsa area and would love to meet local Cruiserheads.

I would like to get more unofficial Cruiser meetings in Tulsa during the week. Even if there is only a few Tulsa folks attending.

Dave

OKC area Meetings

This is Bo from Cafe Bella. No offense taken from those who commented about the Cafe location for OKC area meetings. I believe we choose it there becuase it has unlimited parking. I'm a co-owner of the entire corner lot for the complex so designated parking as needed for events is not a problem. I do agree the upscale Cafe itself doesn't fit the average mold for a 4X4 enthusiast hang out, so a BBQ/Hamburger/Beer joint would be more suitable (as long as there's no drinking and wheel'n ;). Also, if more members are north of town then, a new location near edmond would be logistically better, especially for Tulsa/Kansas members providing a shorter trip, but no so for Dallas guys. (just depends on the numbers I guess)

One's things for sure...we DO need to keep meeting somewhere to keep participation and club interest going strong. I do like the idea of that location near dirt or anything we can climb and conquer!

[Multi Club Meetings]
I've also posted some threads on the GCC and OKRovers website about starting a general meetup for all 4X4 enthusiasts. I would imagine the turn out would be 10 fold since every club would have a handfull of active members showing. Maybe we can get betters sponsers (if needed) that way, like OKOffroad/WARN, etc. Any comments?

Bo
"Taipan" - ...Worlds most poisonous snake

TaipanSnake said:
This is Bo from Cafe Bella. No offense taken from those who commented about the Cafe location for OKC area meetings. I believe we choose it there becuase it has unlimited parking. I'm a co-owner of the entire corner lot for the complex so designated parking as needed for events is not a problem. I do agree the upscale Cafe itself doesn't fit the average mold for a 4X4 enthusiast hang out, so a BBQ/Hamburger/Beer joint would be more suitable (as long as there's no drinking and wheel'n ;). Also, if more members are north of town then, a new location near edmond would be logistically better, especially for Tulsa/Kansas members providing a shorter trip, but no so for Dallas guys. (just depends on the numbers I guess)

One's things for sure...we DO need to keep meeting somewhere to keep participation and club interest going strong. I do like the idea of that location near dirt or anything we can climb and conquer!

[Multi Club Meetings]
I've also posted some threads on the GCC and OKRovers website about starting a general meetup for all 4X4 enthusiasts. I would imagine the turn out would be 10 fold since every club would have a handfull of active members showing. Maybe we can get betters sponsers (if needed) that way, like OKOffroad/WARN, etc. Any comments?

Bo
"Taipan" - ...Worlds most poisonous snake

Hey Bo,

You might want to post up this on a new thread, that way the thread title with catch more interest for those in OKC looking to get the OKC meetings going again.

thx Bret...done. revised the thread with some more comments also.

sorry I talk too much...thread is kinda long...

bo

TaipanSnake said:
thx Bret...done. revised the thread with some more comments also.

sorry I talk too much...thread is kinda long...

bo

Actually Bo, I like seeing your posts. I didn't know you could type that much at one sitting. 8))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom