TTT -- The Tool Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to buy a Pitman Arm Puller and would appreciate your recommendation. Thanks.

If you plan on it being a one time use, autozone tool lending.

they work pretty good, i have a 12 ton, it seems a little on the light side sometimes, but manages to do what i ask of it. pretty easy to move around also. might do a 20-ton if i ever have to replace it.

I've got a harbor freight 20t that I've had for 5 years or so. Bought it to rebuild transfer cases and have found plenty of other uses for it since. Good price, iirc $160 or so.

Thanks, Johnny - I will take you up on that!

I need to get the parts in - will know this AM on timing.

Everything is broken down except for the axle nut that my 400 ft/lb impact won't get off yet :)

4527716316_496e937dcd_o.jpg

Yea! I need some pipe. I left my old cheater bar back with the old house :( Bad move. It had the alternative job of holding up something in my old garage, grr - should have kept it :)

My little 18" 1/2" drive breaker bar will probably break - will try today - its Craftsman LOL

Found this relatively thin-walled chrome bar in my stash of junk. . . it worked, but mf'r nut made me use the cheater the entire time - didn't notice any lock-tite-like stuff, but who knows. Something to worry about next - gotta put it back on :( :)

20170727_165043.jpg

Impact wrench was a no-go until the final turn almost. Bearing is pretty loose in there. Would love to replace the CV, the LBJ and the Tie Rod end, but am on a budget and I can't say they have failed from the feel of them - - looks are bad, though :) Prolly could use a new UBJ, as well, but . .next time.

Patrick, I have one. Mine is the $20 Trail Gear one that John mentioned. It works great. You are welcome to use it. Just let me know and I will leave it out for you to pick up.

Box of wet wipes and some green label Gold Bond and you are good to go for a couple weeks! :)

Not to bum anyone out, but the Tool Thread is starting to slide. Not in an irritating way and I've dung much worse, just a rash of topics hovering around the ole balloon knot. Butt I digress .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom