TTT -- The Tool Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do have one, yes

@pkniland They're on Amazon for around $20. Trail Gear model at least.

Patrick, I have one. Mine is the $20 Trail Gear one that John mentioned. It works great. You are welcome to use it. Just let me know and I will leave it out for you to pick up.

Thanks gents, baby is a moving and a shaking so Ive been told this weekend may be less the ideal for wrenching. I guess she doesn't want me going to the hospital smelling like grease and sweat, women!

In an effort to get this back on track...

I've got a cat litter (fyi - don't use this for swampass, but does a great job cleaning up oil spills and smells fresh too) bucket full of cruiser / toyota hardware. I've been procrastinating cleaning it before sending it off for plating, but took action yesterday.

Picked up one of the HF Vibratory Tumblers --> 5 Lb. Metal Vibratory Tumbler Bowl and their crushed walnut shell media in fine grade. I also purchased the 1 year service plan as I intend to run this sucker 24/7 until all my hardware is clean.

I honestly expected it to be total s***, but I loaded it up yesterday evening for a test run. Started it around 6pm last night and decided to take a peek before bed around 11pm. Holy s*** this thing had the load almost spotless...i was amazed. Buttoned it all back up and will check it tonight after 24 hours of run time. Then throw another load in there.

How are you going to coat the hardware after it's clean?

@Trollhole has a sweet plating setup at his shop to plate larger pieces, but I think he sends out hardware in bulk to be plated at another company.

Hopefully the delivery will be smooth as silk, and you can learn what its like to funciton on 1-2 hours of sleep a day ;)

How are you going to coat the hardware after it's clean?

@Trollhole has a sweet plating setup at his shop to plate larger pieces, but I think he sends out hardware in bulk to be plated at another company.

There is a commercial plater i plan to send it to in CA. They will do a 5 gallon bucket full for 75 bucs and turn around time is a few days once they receive it. I called a couple other places and their prices where much higher and catered more toward larger parts than your typical nut, bolt, etc.

Not to bum anyone out, but the Tool Thread is starting to slide. Not in an irritating way and I've dung much worse, just a rash of topics hovering around the ole balloon knot. Butt I digress .......

I agree - - lets try to nip this in the butt folks.

BTW, bought a 3/8" Drive 3/8" Hex Socket today . . . gotta swap out some diff fluid. . .

Thanks gents, baby is a moving and a shaking so Ive been told this weekend may be less the ideal for wrenching. I guess she doesn't want me going to the hospital smelling like grease and sweat, women!
Keep us informed! Thats a big deal. You may show up full of grease and holding the 54mm socket on your hand, and the obstretician may say "I could have used that!"

In an effort to get this back on track...

I've got a cat litter (fyi - don't use this for swampass, but does a great job cleaning up oil spills and smells fresh too) bucket full of cruiser / toyota hardware. I've been procrastinating cleaning it before sending it off for plating, but took action yesterday.

Picked up one of the HF Vibratory Tumblers --> 5 Lb. Metal Vibratory Tumbler Bowl and their crushed walnut shell media in fine grade. I also purchased the 1 year service plan as I intend to run this sucker 24/7 until all my hardware is clean.

I honestly expected it to be total s***, but I loaded it up yesterday evening for a test run. Started it around 6pm last night and decided to take a peek before bed around 11pm. Holy s*** this thing had the load almost spotless...i was amazed. Buttoned it all back up and will check it tonight after 24 hours of run time. Then throw another load in there.

Not too shabby considering these were literally pulled off a truck and thrown in a bucket. Zero cleaning done before tumbling.

That's a hell of a good TTT post right there. I had no idea! Will definitely have to order a few sets.

I found this video last night:

I think we all have been in that situation where allen just booger up the socket. Eventually the head becomes so bad all you can do is remove it and replace it with another one. I hadn't heard of hexplus before this but the video convinced me to replace my long handle allens with a set of Weras.

Wera 05073593001 950 Spkl/9 Sm N Multicolor L-Key Set, Metric, Blacklaser, 9 Pieces: Hex Keys: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Thanks for sharing that Lumbee! Great Tech!

I think this is a tool question but not sure...

I need to glue a piece of rubber hose to a rubber grommet. I also need to glue two pieces of plastic cable sheathing together.

Any idea or direction on the type / brand of adhesive to use for these tasks?

What type of chemicals or fluids are passing through?

Zero chemicals or fluid. The rubber to rubber is to remake the NLA grommet tube thingy that goes on the bottom corner of the 40 windshield. It protects the windshield wiper wiring. The plastic to plastic is for the outer sheathing of a throttle cable I plan to shorten. I hope to maintain the current end that is used to mount to the firewall.

Zero chemicals or fluid. The rubber to rubber is to remake the NLA grommet tube thingy that goes on the bottom corner of the 40 windshield. It protects the windshield wiper wiring. The plastic to plastic is for the outer sheathing of a throttle cable I plan to shorten. I hope to maintain the current end that is used to mount to the firewall.

You should be fine with any kind of general use epoxy then I would use an epoxy over glue just for durability reasons.

Shop GORILLA Clear Epoxy Adhesive at Lowes.com

If you want to retain the flexibility, I would use E6000. I've used this glue on just about everything and it continues to impress me. It sets up quickly but can be a bit messy.

Yeah my wife told me about e3000 she uses it in jewelry making. Good stuff.

Kinda counts as a tool if you do work with it right? Wanted a 8n since I was a kid. Childhood dream realized. Picked this set up last night. Included the tractor, car trailer, cultivator, spreader and blade. Just need a bush hog and I'll be set. And my awesome wife was the one that found it. Love that girl.

View attachment 1210599
If anyone knows anyone looking for a tractor lemme know. This will be going on the market soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom