Trusted AHC service? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone recommend a shop or dealer in the Inland Empire (or close to it), for AHC fluid change/service for my '09 LX570? Or a dealer for repairs and service? It seems every time I take it to Crown, something else gets broken. My current dealer (Crown Lexus, Ontario CA), says it's not needed and almost nobody does it, which I know is BS. I'm at 154K miles, and it's never been done.

Also, since regularly bead blasting the underside on desert roads, do you think it necessary to undercoat in a dry environment or just repaint as needed? I'm about to add SLEE under-armor and sliders with the AHC guards, which will be my first mod other than changing to off-road rubber in the four plus years I've owned it.

The thing is a beast, it goes everywhere I've told her to without complaint and I just haven't felt the need for the chassis mods.

20230528_171214.jpg

For a moment I thought you were from Ontario Canada 🤦.

Anyway, here in the north ,I also have had trouble in finding anyone with knowledge of ahc.

I would suggest to check the Facebook groups, there's a us lc100 group that has quite good tips for ahc.

In a way I would follow the dealer suggestion, I have heard more troubles from guys that do oil flush than from the ones that have never done it in 15 years on lx470.

There was even a recent serious problem where the dealer ahc oil was contaminated and damaged the oil pumps. There was a bad batch.

In order to find someone, the easiest way is to focus on shops that do mostly Toyota and lexus repairs, you will need the mechanic with the Toyota software to check the ahc pressures.

Good luck!

Thanks for that. I recently spoke to two dealers - Crown Lexus and Lexus of Riverside (both California), neither gave confidence inspiring answers.

I get the "if it ain't broke" approach, but lately I notice a kind of settling, or drop, when in normal mode stopped at a traffic light. It doesn't seem normal. There is no damage or visible leaks anywhere on the system, which has never been opened up as far as I can tell. Some of the comments on other threads indicate better holding and faster raising/lowering of height after a fluid change.

Yeah, makes sense to take a look it.
if you're handy and get the Toyota software , you can also learn how to identify the issues.

Unfortunately, I myself hate mechanical work

So I had the AHC fluid changed, seems to have helped with raise/lower times, but that "settling" still happens at stop lights once in a while (it doesn't do it every time). I'm going to order and change all four globes just because it cant hurt a 14 year old truck with 150K+ miles. Still looking for a mechanic/shop I trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom