Truckhaven Hills - Thanksgiving weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.socallandcruisers.com
The club is planning to be out at Truckhaven Hills near the Salton Sea over Thanksgiving weekend and anyone interested is welcome to join us. If you have not been out there it is a great place to wheel and is suitable for both stock and highly modified trucks. It is also great place to bring motorcycles or quads. We will set up a base camp and then head out from there. We don't really have a set plan but we will probably do a scenic run on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning and then hit some of the tougher obstacles Saturday afternoon. At least one club member is arriving on Thursday and the rest will be out there late Friday morning and stay through Saturday/Sunday. Truckhaven Hills is close enough for just a day trip if that's all the time you have. It is primitive camping and there are no facilities.

Let me Rich know if you are interested by replying to this thread or email Rich Petrulio (rpetrulio@sbcglobal.net) and he will keep you posted on our plans.

Here is a link to photos of last years Truckhaven run:

2020 Truckhaven

Here is a link to the two approx. locations of where we plan to camp (it could change depending on crowds and who gets there first):

Camp

Look for the club sign and some Land Cruisers. I hope to see some of you out there! Unfortunately, I can't make the run...

Last edited:
The club is planning to be out at Truckhaven Hills near the Salton Sea over Thanksgiving weekend and anyone interested is welcome to join us. If you have not been out there it is a great place to wheel and is suitable for both stock and highly modified trucks. It is also great place to bring motorcycles or quads. We will set up a base camp and then head out from there. We don't really have a set plan but we will probably do a scenic run on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning and then hit some of the tougher obstacles Saturday afternoon. At least one club member is arriving on Thursday and the rest will be out there late Friday morning and stay through Saturday/Sunday. Truckhaven Hills is close enough for just a day trip if that's all the time you have. It is primitive camping and there are no facilities.

Let me know if you are interested by replying to this thread or by email (cwheron@yahoo.com) and I will keep you posted on our plans. I can send you my phone number in case you need directions to camp.

Here is a link to photos of last years Truckhaven run:

2020 Truckhaven

Here is a link to the two approx. locations of where we plan to camp (it could change depending on crowds and who gets there first):

Camp

Look for the club sign and some Land Cruisers. I hope to see some of you out there!
I’m planning to be there Friday and/or Saturday, weather & schedule permitting.

For those attending who have Ham radios, we’ll monitor channel 146.535. There’s also decent cell phone coverage in the area, to help us with linking up.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Won't make this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom