Truck misses a little bit what do you think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome - glad ur carb wasn't pieced together @ss backwards like mine.

Me too. I caught a little bit of a miss this morning when driving it around. Hopefully thats not a sign of bad things to come. I read up on the carb a little bit this morning too and hopefully if something does happen there are enough minds to solve the problem up there.

I replaced the fuel filter and put the high dollar gas in in too for the trip.

Becareful with the high test gas, the old seals in the old carbs aren't made to withstand the harsh chemicals in the newer high grade fuels, you can actually damage the seals sometimed by running high test in an old vehicle.

Figured i would just put a final post on here for future ref in case anyone ran into the same prob. In diagnosing the prob and making prob some un-needed but beneficial repairs/maintenance i finally figured out that there is an accelerator linkage rod that goes into a bracket on the firewall next to the brake booster. The bushing that the rod goes thru had dry rotted and falled out so the truck wasnt missing, there was just a 1/3" or so of play before the gas was even engaged when I pushed the accelerator. Once I figured it out I cut some extra fuel line and threaded it thru the hole for a temporary fix and it worked fine for the weekend. Hope this helps someone down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom