Triangle Monthly Meeting - Dec 4th 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
Last monthly meeting of the year!! Let's get together and kick tires a few before the X-Mas party later this week.

7:00pm @ Backyard Bistro in Raleigh. Be there or be square!

Won't make this one. Annual Christmas dinner with my department...

I'll actually be in town! Trip fell through so I'm planning to be there.

Planning on being there.

Will be there.

Meeting is tonight!!

Up for discussion:
This month is the last month I've got a reservation for Backyard Bistro. We need to discuss whether to extend the reservation out another year, or find a new place. I don't have any suggestions for new places, I like Backyard Bistro, so if you want to go somewhere else, come prepared with a suggestion.

I might be out. Feeling like crap and don’t wanna infect anyone else right before the Christmas party. I’ll see you ladies and gentlemen (and Johnny :grinpimp:) this weekend!!

Awesome showing last night, thanks to everyone for coming out!!

In terms of location for next year, had a few people who like to try different places, then a few who like the consistency of doing Backyard Bistro every month. Furthermore, the bistro has food for everyone, from salads, to vegan crap, to full on heart-attack inducing beef+pork sandwiches. As such, I propose the following:

1. I set up reservations for every month at Backyard Bistro same as this year
2. I post threads about a week in advance of each monthly meeting as usual
3. If someone wants to find and arrange a different location for a given month, post up in that month's thread with a heads up that you're doing it, and I'll cancel the backyard reservation. Whoever requests the backyard cancellation then assumes responsibility for the meeting location for that month.
4. Caveat is that I won't cancel our reservation at backyard less than 72 hours in advance. Restaurants build the staff schedule partially based on large party reservations, meaning it's not fair to the staff to cancel that close to the time of the reservation.

Cool? Unless there are objections by next week, I'll make arrangements at Backyard Bistro for next year. I'll leave this up for discussion, and of course we can discuss at the x-mas party this weekend.

Although I’ve only been twice, my feedback is that the backyard bistro is a good location and we should stick with what works. Seems like it would be tough to get a venue that has seating and a room like that on a consistent basis. Also seems like a good idea that if someone has a plan for something different that will work, that it would be kind of nice to mix it up now and then.

It is done.

Since new year's day is a wednesday this year (first wednesday of the month) we either need to do 1/2, 1/7, or 1/9 at the bistro (they have an event on 1/8 already) or we can pick another place for the January meeting. I'm inclined to do 1/9 at the bistro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom