For Sale Treeline Ponderosa Roof Top Tent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Treeline Ponderosa 3-4 Person Roof Top Tent
A 2019 Treeline Ponderosa (Adventure Series), 3-4 person, 4 season, All-Weather Roof Top Tent (RTT) suitable for a large SUV or 4X4. This tent is a California King size unit. It weighs 185 lbs not including the Annex. This tent comes complete with an improved aftermarket folding ladder and the optional Annex tent, which is extremely nice to have in that it gives you another tent/privacy room for many uses and/or a nice entrance to your RTT. The main body of the RTT is grey with a lime fly and the Annex is also lime.
This tent has seen very light use since I purchased it in 2019 as there was not a lot of camping during Covid. The previous owner replaced his ARB tent with this Treeline tent because he wanted a better quality sleep experience. His wife soon decided that climbing up the ladder was no longer appropriate for them so they moved to an RV and I bought their Overlander modified truck with this RTT in almost new condition.
You can store all your bedding and more in this tent when folded away, which is a huge advantage over the many models in which you cannot store much at all, and the opening skylights are a super nice feature.
I loved this Treeline tent and treated it well by cleaning it and airing it out regularly, never putting it away wet, and by moving it to indoor storage during winter. It has been in permanent indoor storage and unused since fall 2021. It will certainly serve its next owner extremely well.
If you seek this traditional style of cantilevered, folding RTT, this is a great choice and really cannot be beaten for quality, durability and comfort. As far as soft shell tents go, Treeline is a Canadian company and their tents are known in the industry to be high quality units especially the more robust Adventure Series like this one as they are double stitched, seam-sealed, waterproof and feature thick material and stainless steel folding hinges. The aluminum honeycomb base also sets this apart from the less expensive and far lower quality standard re-branded Chinese RTTs like the vast majority of RTTs on Kijiji in all markets. This tent provides unsurpassed strength and durability. The gear hammock, webbing and latches underneath the overhang provide excellent camping utility and are indicative of the Treeline difference.
See the Treeline site at: www.treelineoutdoors.com for detailed descriptions of the Ponderosa RTT and Annex.
The asking price is a reasonable $3500 CAD or $2600 USD OBO.
This tent currently sells at Treeline for $4600 CAD and the optional Annex is an additional $925.00 CAD so you're into the 6k + range for a new one. To be sure, there are many less expensive RTTs for sale in the market place today but unless you are looking at other high quality brands such as iKamper, James Baroud, Autohome, Eezi-Awn, Camp King, Alucab or Bush Co, you are comparing apples to oranges. There is no comparison between the Treeline tents and the vast majority of Chinese products available both new and used. I’m selling simply because I moved to a different style of tent and my wife does not condone a 2nd tent! For the discerning buyer in need of a high quality RTT that will last and serve you well in all weather conditions, please consider this option.
In order to secure a sale, I MAY be available to negotiate a scenario where I can meet an out of town buyer some distance from Ottawa Ontario Canada, depending on negotiated sale price, distance, cost and scheduling etc. And, I can assist with mounting if you have the appropriate load bars & lack the skills or tools required.
Tent Size Stats: Dimensions Open: 122" x 72" x 50"
Dimensions Closed: 49" x 72" x 15"
Mattress Size: 95" x 72" x 2.5"
The truck in the photos of my camp setup is not for sale and neither is the awning. The custom aluminum rack IS for sale (large SUV), though it requires specialized adaptors for anything other than a 100 series Land Cruiser. I have adaptors for 100 series LC and can provide info to source adaptors for other vehicles.
This RTT has a universal fitment that should fit any quality load bar or roof rack system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom