TRD BBK pads options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I got a TRD BBK for my LX. Almost all parts collected. But I need to get pads.

It is a used kit in good conditions, but the TRD pads have been hard on the rotors. I'm going to resurface them and replace the pads with something more gentile. I used semimetalic pads in the past on other cars and they are great for stopping. But they are a pain in the but for maintenance as they chew up rotors, make a lot of dust and needs replacement more frequently.

The pads list:
TRD pads PTR0934071 - the original
Centric Posi-Quiet Extended Wear w/Shims and Hardware-Preferred 106.07560 - I think they are the same as TRD
Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic w/Shims and Hardware 105.07560 - ceramic used by these guys Project Tundra: Fixing the Brakes with Stoptech - MotoIQ - https://motoiq.com/project-tundra-fixing-the-brakes-with-stoptech/
Centric fleet 306.07560 - Kevlar
StopTech Sport Brake Pads 309.07560 - Kevlar, for performance street
StopTech Truck and SUV Pads 319.07560 - same compound as 309.07560 but for trucks
Raybestos Element 3 EHT hybrid pads PGD824M - Tundra guys like them Long Term Brake Pad and Rotor Test - info - https://www.tundrasolutions.com/threads/long-term-brake-pad-and-rotor-test-info.149272/

I'm tempted to try the Centric fleet or some with 309 compound.

Do you guys have any experience with any of the above?

Thanks

I currently have a set of centric fleet pads with kevlar, and I'll be switching back to OEM ceramic Toyota pads. If found the fleet pads to be a minimal improvement, but with significantly more dust, and terribly noise. They settled down slightly after a couple hundred miles, but the noise and dust isnt worth any perceived gains in performance.

I currently have a set of centric fleet pads with kevlar, and I'll be switching back to OEM ceramic Toyota pads. If found the fleet pads to be a minimal improvement, but with significantly more dust, and terribly noise. They settled down slightly after a couple hundred miles, but the noise and dust isnt worth any perceived gains in performance.
Thanks for sharing.
For me OEM means semimetalic TRD pads. The dust they generate is not a very big problem for me but the cost of replacing rotors often is very high. I could go StopTech ceramic but that's the fall back solution for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom