Transmission fluid in FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can anyone tell me how to replace the transmission fluid in a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4? By accident, when draining the oil, I drained the transmission fluid:whoops:. The local Toyota dealership said it was a very special procedure and a sealed compartment, to fill it and will take them 4-5 hours to complete and I'm sure a lot of $$$. The tow truck driver said it will take no more than 15 minutes. Does anyone have any experience with this? I want to have as much info as I can when I go to pick it up from Toyota and they try to charge me an arm and a leg. Thanks!:crybaby:
I literally just did the exact same thing today. Have never been more embarrassed or ashamed of myself for pulling such a goof lmao. Instead of having it towed spending money to have it pumped back in or spending money on a pump I improvised and used a 2 liter bottle and some spare 1/4 line 8 had for my atv. Drilled a hole in the cap of the 2 liter bottle, attached the line, filled up the 2 liter with the trans fluid that I had drained and squeezed it all back in. Sure it took about 30 minutes, but it was free and worked like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom