transmission cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what size coolers are you guys running?

inlet/outlet size?

looking at putting one on the 2000 4runner.

I'm running the TRD tranny cooler. Can't remember the dimensions but it works fine.

Don't remember the dimensions, it was the biggest that would fit. Hayden 679, which also makes the trd version. The Hayden 678 is just a little smaller and also works. Here's a link.
Transmission Cooler

I'll look at my paper work and maybe it will have dimensions.

Don't remember the dimensions, it was the biggest that would fit. Hayden 679, which also makes the trd version. The Hayden 678 is just a little smaller and also works. Here's a link.
Transmission Cooler

I'll look at my paper work and maybe it will have dimensions.

FlatlandTRD- thanks I picked one up today and threw it on the 4runner.

FlatlandTRD - when you installed your cooler did you bypass the stock one or run them in series?

did you bypass the stock one or run them in series?

In series, into the stock, into the cooler, back to tranny. Good deal on the install, did you get your suspension worked out?

Incase anyone searches looking for part numbers;

Hayden #679 or Imperial #243012 or TRD #00602-16491-002

Last edited:
In series, into the stock, into the cooler, back to tranny. Good deal on the install, did you get your suspension worked out?

Incase anyone searches looking for part numbers;

Hayden #679 or Imperial #243012 or TRD #00602-16491-002

I did mine in series as well.

suspension is still not done, but I plan on hitting it in two weeks. Too many other things on my plate.

Only did the trans cooler because I was changing out all the other fluids on Monday. It seemed like a good time to do it, since I was going to be getting oily anyway;)

I'm a little new to this but can I run a transmission cooler on a 5-speed manual transmission? Is it necessary? Or would it help?

No - not needed or necessary, and no way for oil to get pumped through the cooler.

No - not needed or necessary, and no way for oil to get pumped through the cooler.
Yep, not needed. MT’s don’t get that hot anyway, especially in a Toyota truck. Use a good GL4 fluid. I run Redline MT90 with very good results in my T100 MT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom