Trailer reflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
Does anyone know where to get these trianglar reflectors? I found a place in the UK but would like a place in CONUS.
z relector.jpg

Hmm, looks rather European.

The M101 CDN trailers had another style of reflector like this, the triangle made from 4 smaller triangles. Might find someone discarding a set of those. Also, Harbor Freight supposedly carried some nearly identical reflectors to those, but I don't see them on their website now. Might be a few sitting on the shelf somewhere.

M101 CDN reflectors are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

M101 CDN reflectors are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

I've seen where people have lusted after those reflectors in their hearts...:p

I just happened to take mine off today, because the trailer is finally going to the sandblaster's after much searching to find that service locally. Even got a good price -- I think -- on that.

When I removed the reflectors, the metal case on the back was pretty rusty. I'm going to clean them up and reuse, but it's bad enough that a pair that are reasonably priced would tempt me to avoid that chore.

Brent's right, though, these have been hard to find, so if anyone does come up with a source for the M101 CDN-style reflectors, there are people who'd like to know.:cool:

Yep - I've kept one eye open for a pair and have seen none but the aftermarket ones.

Looks like the bolt pattern may even be a direct replacement for the M101 CDN. That would be cool for those who need them.

Mine are sitting on the workbench waiting to get refinished after the trailer is painted. Gotta get the primer on it, since the white metal state it's in after sandblasting won't hold with the humidity creeping on around here, even under cover in the garage.:crybaby:

reflector

This is the link

Trailer & cravan red triangles, amber, red & clear reflectors from Western Towing

This is how to order.

Dear Sir

To send the 4 x EL38 to USA with Airmail postage would be an additional 5.88gbp to your order.

If you wish to proceed with an order please go to our website at Trailers::Towbars::Trailer Parts::Trailer Spares and Accessories from Western Towing. To add the additional carriage charge please type in the shop search box the word "POSTAGE". In the clear box next to the description please type "588" and add to basket. You will then be able to proceed to our secure checkout and continue to finish placing the order.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Gina Butler
Western Towing

Hope this helps . I got it in within a week of ordering.

Do they truely fit the bolt pattern on the M101 (noticed that you have an M416) - if so this is a great find Mike! Please let us know. Can you measure the distance between the mounting holes on the reflectors and I'll do the same on the M101.

Your pic shows the EL37 with the black surround, not the EL38 referenced in your last post. Looks like they are the same outside the color of the surround.

Last edited:
reflector

I am putting mine on a M 416. if you go to the website and click on the more info link under the picture all the specs are there.

I am putting mine on a M 416. if you go to the website and click on the more info link under the picture all the specs are there.

Ahhh - thanks! A perfect 70mm for us M101 owners.

Will check the trailer this evening and post up my findings. Despite the M101 being Canadian, I've found everything on it so far to be standard and not metric - at least the bolts used on the original wiring harness.

Ahhh - thanks! A perfect 70mm for us M101 owners.

Will check the trailer this evening and post up my findings. Despite the M101 being Canadian, I've found everything on it so far to be standard and not metric - at least the bolts used on the original wiring harness.

Finally got around to measuring the distance on the M101 for the original triangle reflectors...a perfect 70mm.

Looks like these should work just fine.

Placed my order for two EL37 (black surround). 12 pounds even including std postage, add'l postage and unfortunately VAT tax (whooping 1.01 pounds - $1.45). I dont' think they have a choice but to charge VAT. It's up to us colonists to apply for a refund of that I think. At today's exchange rate, that's just over $17. A lot cheaper than what OEM M101 triangle reflectors are selling for...IF you can even find someone with them willing to sell them. We'll see how quickly they arrive. I got the same message regarding add'l postage charges you did - 5.25 pounds - less than yours probably because I only purchased 2 reflectors.

Received my package from the UK yesterday. Very fast! Packaged very well.

The holes on these match perfectly to the OEM holes from the original reflectors on the M101 for anyone interested.

Back of these is plastic, but given that even with the exchange rate they are just over $2/ea before postage.

Now to mount them. Pics to follow...someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom