Trailer Hitches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you with 6X series with hitches... which hitches did you go with? I need at least a class 2 (3500#)... Just curious.

On a side note, hows that trailer converter order going Wayne?

If yours is like mine...

Why not a pintle with a ball? You should have the pattern for one drilled out in your bumper/frame rail. If not, here is a shot of my Japanese hitch (Class unknown) which I may part with.
DSC00032rev.JPG

Ya if you got that bumper you should toss on a ball and pintle combo. I bought mine at Princess Auto, it looked ok, for about 120. I was going to make a bracket to put mine in that position.

Don't want anything hanging down low that can be snagged. Also I got that tire out from under. The winch rots in there for it. Make sure you guys spray lube on it every oil change. Otherwise it won't work when you need it. I had to use bolt cutters to get my tire out.

The whole thing is that I dont want anything hanging down too low, and a ball pintle does not come down far enough. I would like to drop my ball 6 inches to keep the trailer fairly level... suppose i could always do a SOA on the trailer??? ;p

or make a goose neck for the trailer tounge............. why put a low object behind you.

wouldn't cost much for a welding shop to give you a little goose.

Why not cut through the rear bumper (if you want to keep the stock bumper) where the 4 bolt holes are, and have a square tube reciever fabbed up, so you can use a drop hitch when needed. A local fab shop with a plasma cutter could do it neat and clean I would think.

gb

I might just go that route G. Get someone to fab up a reciever to match the bolt holes already there. I am a little concerned about going custom and having enough rating so i dont loose the trailer. Im sure the fab guys would tell me if they could not build it beefy enough. SOR and MAF sell recievers that bolt up to the pintle holes, but they are only good for 2000# or less.

I was thinking have someone cut right through and weld in a square reciever. You could have them gusset the rear even more for strength. Then simply have a hitch built with the drop you need.

gb

OK... I see where you are coming from... I kinda want to keep the holes there so I can put the pintle back on... more for novelty I suppose.

I was thinking about getting this, I am going to use some bolts used on transport trucks and mount it right to the back of my homemade bumper that is 1/4 inch rectangluar tube. I only tow a snowmobile trailer with 2 vintage sleds on it abotu 1500 pounds max, do you think it is strong enough? I currently have a huge homemade hitch that I am cutting off due to its weight and being low, I don't like it at all.

http://store.4wheelauto.com/view_product.php?product=BUM5NUMH37

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom