trailer hitches? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently I have a lock-n-roll hitch on my offroad trailer

I'm thinking of swapping it out for a CU Off Road hitch set up.

Is there a way to get a discount on the CU Offroad hitches?

The difference between these 2 is the lock-n-roll has more sideways free play.

Anyone have thought son these .. and a way to get a discount off list prices?

Last edited:
Had a Lock-N-Roll on my then AT Horizon back in 2006 and hated it. Then came the Kimberley Kamper with its TREG hitch, which IMO, was a much better hitch overall. Fast forward to when I had Jason @TRAIL TAILOR build me a haul trailer and we chose the Max Coupler. And now I cut off the ball hitch from our 2014 Escape 15A trailer and installed a new Max Coupler. Overall, I'm very happy with the Max Couplers; they keep making small improvements in the design but the overall hitch is the same. I think its worth the price they get. Discounts are great, but I wouldn't wait for one...if I still had the Lock-N-Roll.

Had a Lock-N-Roll on my then AT Horizon back in 2006 and hated it. Then came the Kimberley Kamper with its TREG hitch, which IMO, was a much better hitch overall. Fast forward to when I had Jason @TRAIL TAILOR build me a haul trailer and we chose the Max Coupler. And now I cut off the ball hitch from our 2014 Escape 15A trailer and installed a new Max Coupler. Overall, I'm very happy with the Max Couplers; they keep making small improvements in the design but the overall hitch is the same. I think its worth the price they get. Discounts are great, but I wouldn't wait for one...if I still had the Lock-N-Roll.

Thanks !

Max Coupler is the way I was thinking of going.

I went with the Max Coupler when moving into the off road trailer world. A good friend, experienced in trailering, recommended the Max Coupler over the Lock-n-Roll when inquiring which way I should go. He had tried both and settled on the Max. As was mentioned, they keep improving. The hitch will get filthy - being as where it sets, so clean it from time to time and keep the zircs filled with grease. It also helps to clean and lube the pin often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom