Toyota 2.8 turbo running lean? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hiya I've recently rebuilt my toyota 2.8 and added a turbo and intercooler to it I did use a boost compensator on the diesel pump aswell
I've been driving It for about 2 months now been told by a engine builder that its been running to lean as my exhaust temps were very low I've since turned the diesel up exhaust temp sits little over 400°c when cruising at about 100ks but it seems to be overheating up hills now has anyone else had this problem?

oh yeah, happens all the time. haha, just kidding. Most of us on here are from the USA where Toyota unfortunately never sold the 2.8 (I don't think we've had a Toyota diesel since 1985) so you probably won't find much help. Please post some pictures of your truck so we can be jealous.

There’s really no such thing as running “too lean” in a diesel. It might be extra gutless but low exhaust temps are definitely a good thing unless you’re majorly down on power.

When you turned up the fuel you added more energy into the combustion process. Fuel = heat, so I’m not surprised you’re seeing higher temps. Since you have an intercooler already you can try turning the boost up to cool egts down but it won’t do much for your water temps. If you’re seeing 400 c pre turbo that’s already plenty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom