tough old girl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

glad all is safe. why would you have to share responsibility for the accident, if she ran a red light she is at fault. don't let them try and push the blame on you.

CruisinTiger said:
glad all is safe. why would you have to share responsibility for the accident, if she ran a red light she is at fault. don't let them try and push the blame on you.

The law in AZ is that the person making the left turn (me) is at fault unless a witness saw that the person going straight ran the red. It was 5pm traffic with tons of witnesses but only one guy stopped and said that he saw her run the red and if there was any trouble to have the police and insurance folks call me. I thought this was great but when my insurance guy called him he change his tune and said that immediately after the accident he looked up and the light was red.:doh:

CruisinTiger said:

Just got a call from the girls insurance agent and he got a copy of the police report and they will accept full responsibility. :)

sweet!! go and get a winch ARB now!! You never know when you might want a winch and dont want to have to swap bumpers.

Just glad to hear no one got hurt. It's definitely a tank your driving

pocket the repair money. a fender from SOR is about 150, ARB 650, rad support used for 250, and headlight assy 250. Do it yourself, have it painted at Macco.....

Actually I had a similar hit. same spot. My rad support was fine. I bet yours is bent.

Is the hood bent? a used hood is about 250 to 350 here in BC.

But if your not a repair kinda guy and its your only truck. I fully support using autobody shops. For me it was not my only car and I had rust issues, which autobody shops don't like to touch.

Well, after a month in the body shop I got my truck back today. They did a very good job. I'll see if I can get some pics up over the weekend.

We're ready to see how it turned out...

a month??:eek:
glad you got it back. did you get the arb?

GLTHFJ60 said:
And now mine's banged up.....

Did you repair it yourself?

No, sent it to a body shop. The girl that hit me ended up getting a ticket for running a red light. The bill her insurance company is going to have to pay is crazy. $1,900 worth of parts and $2,100 worth of labor. Ouch!

A kid in a Lexus hit mine in the exact same place on the opposite side. His parents paid that much plus the cost of a rental car out of pocket.

Know how you feel man.

I had a kid hit me on the driver side front quarter panel. He pulled down the wrong way into a parking lot and I was behind him going straight. As I started to pull forward he started backing up into a parking spot on my passenger side. I laid on my horn, but by then it was too late. SMACK!!!! Dented the whole driver side quarter panel w/ his rear bumper, but of course nothing happened to his bumper.
The body shop that painted my cruiser about 2 years ago hammered and dollyed it right out. Looks good as new.

Good luck with your cruiser, and be careful out there.

post pics!! glad to hear it made it out ok. How much did you get to pocket? I certainly hope some if it was that much $!!!

azaussie said:
No, sent it to a body shop. The girl that hit me ended up getting a ticket for running a red light. The bill her insurance company is going to have to pay is crazy. $1,900 worth of parts and $2,100 worth of labor. Ouch!

!!@!?@!?@!@?!@?!@?!@?!@?!@#?!@?!@?!@?!#?!@?@!#?@!!

$4,000 worth of damage?!? The insurance company didn't total it? WOW.

My crash was about 10 times worse than that. DAMN. What exactly did they have to replace?

Why didn't they total it? No offense of course, just curious. I didn't think that any company would value a 20 year old vehicle at any more than $3000. Either way, good deal.

Progressive (the girl's insurance company) valued the cruiser at just over $5,300 and wanted to total it. I did not want to total it given that I know it has all new hoses, belts, rebuilt knuckles, TPS, ... So, my insurance agent suggest I got thru them as they had it valued at $6,300 and it would need $4,400 worth of damage before it was totaled.

They replaced the bumper, end cap, fender, lights, some wiring, grille. The inner fender was pounded out.

Wow. I'm glad that it came out right for you. I only hope that I have as much luck!

One thing to remember in a situation like this. If its already close to totaling, have the insurance fix it. Once they agree its fixable and agree to get it fixed anything hidden they have to pay for. My dad and brother work at a body shop. They've spent more than a vehicle is worth fixing it because of hidden damage. An insurance company can't back out once they agree to fix it.

So say somehow your frame was bent or something and they found out after the estimate during the work. They have to fix it anyway.

Just a note on the pocketing idea (although when my rig was hit I did pocket, and fix it myself but it wasn't bad to beginwith).

89s rule said:
post pics!! glad to hear it made it out ok. How much did you get to pocket? I certainly hope some if it was that much $!!!

Here she is with all the new metal and paint.
fixed 600 x 450 (5).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom