Touchup for FJc roof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
had the shackle taht locks my hi-lift jack to the rack on upsidedown when i went to paragon yesterday... banged around pretty good and left some small spots i'd like to touch up... anyone know of a good touchup paint for this? is this somthing i can (or should) get from a dealer?

Did you get to thru the clear to the paint...or to the steel ? If it's just scuffs on the clear you can just buff it with some light compound. Yor can probably pick up some touch up paint from the dealer if your into the color. If you as far as steel,then your gonna want to sand, prime, and spot it in. Followed by some wet sanding and buffing. I have assumed that your 2007 has base coat/clear coat from the factory.

Did you get to thru the clear to the paint...or to the steel ? If it's just scuffs on the clear you can just buff it with some light compound. Yor can probably pick up some touch up paint from the dealer if your into the color. If you as far as steel,then your gonna want to sand, prime, and spot it in. Followed by some wet sanding and buffing. I have assumed that your 2007 has base coat/clear coat from the factory.

yeah its to the steel... but i really didnt wanna make a big production out of it as its on the roof and unless you're like 8 feet tall you cant see it, its under the roofrack. if i JUST do a few small touchup spots, will that prevent rust from beginning or is the whole sanding priming thing the only way to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom