TLCA.ORG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How are potential new TLCA members to sign up with no web site? This is really ridiculous. The axe needs to fall on somebody.

Edit: Meant internet host should be changed when I said "axed".

Last edited:
Thanks Matt!! Make it better than it was before, we have the technology!
the_six_million_dollar_man4.jpg

...This is really ridiculous. The axe needs to fall on somebody.

Really? Someone needs to be axed? I hope you realize that most of TLCA individuals are volunteers, and the paid contractors aren't paid at market rates. Contractors work for TLCA b/c they love Cruisers and want to help TLCA. Cut 'em some slack.

I'm working on it today. In the meantime, you can take advantage of the TLCA/BRC offer here:
http://sharetrails.org/tlca

Thanks!

Matt Farr
TLCA webmaster

THANKS MATT!! :beer:

Really? Someone needs to be axed? I hope you realize that most of TLCA individuals are volunteers, and the paid contractors aren't paid at market rates. Contractors work for TLCA b/c they love Cruisers and want to help TLCA. Cut 'em some slack

it's tuff to hire quality volunteers these days - lol

Thanks Matt for getting a few front-end up and running :)

What about account #s and all of that where folks pay for renewal is that hacked also?

No, they didn't get into the databases. Basically what happened was they set up a phishing page on our web space so it looked like people were going to pay pal but instead were sent to a phishing site. I looked into it and we got shut down in literally a few hours after the attack. And since it occurred in the wee hours of the morning Wednesday morning probably zero members ever saw it. Our host disabled our site before the sun even came up.

And just so everyone knows, we do not keep any credit card info online, thus it can not be taken. Only our credit card processor has any CC info. When you buy something from TLCA or renew your membership, you are transferred to their secure site, give your info, then transferred back to TLCA.

As someone who renewed online shortly before the site went down, can you confirm that TLCAAdministrator@direcway.com is the address my paypal payment should have gone to?

rockdoc i'll check with Jennifer tonight when i get home from the part time job and we'll get you a response tomorrow.

rockdoc i'll check with Jennifer tonight when i get home from the part time job and we'll get you a response tomorrow.

Actually, I don't think there is a worry. I forgot that I e-mailed to ask after the site went down (tlca.admin@gmail.com). The paypal went through according to Jennifer, so I would assume I didn't get snookered.

From a conversation I had with Jennifer last month, she told me the direcway address was a bad or rouge address. Possibly she was talking about a different prefix on the direcway, but I understood her to be talking about the direcway part. She is always reachable for me at the tlca.admin@gmail.com address

From a conversation I had with Jennifer last month, she told me the direcway address was a bad or rouge address. Possibly she was talking about a different prefix on the direcway, but I understood her to be talking about the direcway part. She is always reachable for me at the tlca.admin@gmail.com address

That is correct. It was my address 5 years ago & despite our best efforts to get Pay Pal to fix it, they never have. It is simply listed as an address on the receipts but the payments don't actually get processed through that address. As long as you receive a receipt email from Pay Pal after your transaction, you are good to go. Casey & I continue to pound on them to change it on the receipts so hopefully they'll get it updated so the address on the receipts from Pay Pal is correct.

As Thad posted, I can always be reached thru membership@tlca.org (points to my gmail address) or directly at tlca.admin@gmail.com. :)

Your membership questions are quickly & best answered thru direct contact with me at the email address above. I don't really get here that often - my work server doesn't much care for the site so I have to go thru a proxy server to get here.

so, your work server hates 'MUD? how fitting ;)

Jennifer, you might consider setting up a subscription to this/other forums - a daily email of updated threads so you know if something was posted of interest.

When viewing the thread listing at TLCA- Discussion Forum
...click Forum Tools > Subscribe to this Forum
...then select Daily Updates by Email > Add Subscription

You will then receive one daily email update of activity in that forum.

To un-subscribe, reverse the procedure...
...click Forum Tools > Unsubscribe from this Forum

(it's kinda like a mail list digest mode)

Woot! IT'S BACK UP (Well partially)!!

Thanks again Matt! Yet again, a reason the Rising Sun Club and it's members are to be respected for their involvement and help. :cheers:

O/T how was your trip? Good despite the internet drama? :D

Jennifer, you might consider setting up a subscription to this/other forums - a daily email of updated threads so you know if something was posted of interest.

<snip instructions>

(it's kinda like a mail list digest mode)

Yeppers, that's what I have been doing for years. Not only vBulletin, but most BB software has some feature or other that funnels a notification into your email box that says something new was posted - go look! It's a great hybrid.

Another cool thing about vBulletin and some others is that if you specifically subscribe to a particular thread, the message in your email not only gives you the link, but gives the actual post itself. Then you can read the post itself and decide if it is worth cruising out there to make a reply or read the rest of the stuff since you last visited. Works with PMs too. Good stuff.

I'm on about 6 or 8 different boards, and just don't have time to look over each one every day to see what's new. Let the software do it for you, funnel it all into your email in-box and use it as your launching point. Best of both worlds.

Happy cruisin'!

OK, FYI, I rarely get emails from PayPal, as I opted them out. Now, within the last week I have gotten 10 messages asking me to do anything from login to take part in some promotion, or confirm my account, etc-etc, all of which my email server and browser have confirmed as "Unencrypted/False/Phishing" when I open the message and don't use the link provided. This is the email account I only use for forum and paypal stuff.

I am going to suppose that this is a direct effect of the hack, and am taking steps to do what I need to eliminate my PayPal account and open a new one. If anyone else has experienced this this week, please chime in as PayPal is treating me like it is complete B.S. which in and of itself is now making me want to not use PayPal at all if they cannot serve the customer better themselves.

I am pretty sure my login to this forum uses the alias email I setup a while back, so I am pretty sure this is from the TLCA hack, and noting else.

Just so you know, sorry to bring the bummer in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom