TLCA 2004 Goals, objectives and Focus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The TLCA Goals for 2004...

Membership to 4000 (this is the most important)
Stay within budget (while we reach for 4K)
Streamline internal processes (while we implement systems to reach 4K)
Continued Trust and Friendship while building community

2004 Focus
Membership - TLCA Chapters - Toyota Trails - TLCA Events

and there is a list of objectives to define those broad goals, these being cool things like Having Fun, implementing e-commerce, revitalizing the web site, implementing renewal envelopes and a few other general objectives.

Everyone can help! Renew your membership, motivate your buddies to join and have Fun! 8)

Tony,
Great info to know. Thanks for posting it.

Maybe these are stupid ideas, but just some thoughts I had (hmm, so therefore they must be stupid :D).

Does the TLCA ever ask where folks learned about the TLCA or who etc?

If so, you could publish the top 10 or 5 or 2 whatever sources of new members. Maybe give something to the number one source like a year's membership or something. Of course all officers would be :ban: :D. If this info was collected, perhaps it would help identify some other key areas to focus on for new membership drives.

What about sending a letter to the 8-9000 previous members saying we miss you, would you like to come back? Maybe that would be wasted postage, but who knows.

Don't know if any of this would help or not, but maybe other folks could add to it and generate some ideas. I know you guys probably have a membership committee, but maybe even some of the newer members could state why they joined. I know from new product innovation, some of the best ideas usually come from the folks out in the field.

good comments Junk...

I too am curious where most find out about us... we really don't have a good way to find out at this time.
See poll.

but I mainly wanted to comment about sending the letter... when I did some phone dunning on expired members, I found that as you go back in time, the addy info gets increasingly less reliable... in other words, calling or mailing members who expired a year ago really leads to bad addys and disconnected numbers. Which has led me to believe that if we contact them (and we are going to), it needs to be within 4 to 6 months after they expired or forget it.

On that note, if you are moving, be sure to let TLCA know!

I'll be honest, my primary focus in retention of our current members, then working to capture the new members who are inquiring by asking for info packs. That is what I've asked our MAC (membership attrition comm) Team to focus on although I only initiated this group last Sunday...

So much to do and so little time before we all start wheeling every weekend again!

thanks junk... appreciate the input!

I responded to the poll and it "appears" that alot of us have been introduced by previous members or previous FJ owners.

I also read a post here about club members that kept cards in their vehicles and would place them on trucks around town when they spotted them. I think this is an excellent idea and have considered doing this myself since I see Fj's in town occasionally and have no idea who the owners are.

Approaching someone about their truck doesn't always get the response you expect but a card under the wiper with a website or offer for a free copy of trails might peak interest for people that are otherwise out of the loop.

Jerry Hocutt

Jerry... if you contact our Administrator, you can actually request that she send you a stack of those.

thanks!

you already have them???

GREAT!!! I will contact A.S.A.P. I had considered giving out my old Trails copies to prospects but I always go back and re-read them when I'm waiting for the latest issue to show up :p (plus I'm stingy :D)

Jerry Hocutt