TJM T13 Newer Version ... Anyone have one ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds pretty easy , I’m a fabricator and former body shop owner . I’m also wondering on the 2016+ the Radar / Camera .... I’m sure the camera will be fine .
Wonder about the Radar thing , especially if I add driving lights . I do remember reading a guy had 9” driving on a ARB and had problems with the alert and had to shut it off .

I had 9" Stedi lights and no problems with radar/camera.

OMnJ4w2.jpg

Thats good to know ... Looks great , did you have to order your Stedi from Australia ? Truck looks awesome !

Yes, but they were quick with shipping and prices are good, even with freight. I've ordered a few things from them.

Heard from Ben at Slee , the main difference in mounting the winch on the TJM is mount orientation , TJM is standard up position and ARB feet forward .
I have not received the TJM yet , I did see a post on here the older version of the TJM carriage and user stated he put a M12000 in his older carriage . I did find a picture of the older carriage compared to the newer .
Looks like there is more room in the new version .
M12000 I think has standard bottom bolt pattern 254mm x 114.3mm but on the fairlead usually mounts against the winch , from the pics of the TJM in both cut and non cut and new version still mounts the fairlead on the winch carriage ?
TJM has plenty of room in the newer carriage for the M12000-s
I have a full machine shop so I may have to spring into action and re invent the winch mount .
Bumper should be here next week .
I did find a thread of a older carriage compared to the picture I posted of the newer version .
I’m just not 100% sold on the Zeon 12 and how the Fairlead is mounted on the TJM
78371A2D-A189-4B53-A661-4E37F29C1546.png

EACAF2A9-1DD8-4853-8935-5FF642E1F036.png

all winches up to 12k should be the same mounting pattern, at least in my experience. Looks like there is plenty of room on the side for the winch solenoid if you have to relo it, nice short runs.. that would free up space above the winch. You can use any manufactures winch controller extension (you may have to switch to their controller as well, since the solenoids are all the same. you can run this to somewhere on the winch bumper or grill. I typically use an Albright DC88-1000 IP67 rated - DC88-1000P monoblock D.C. contactor for motor reversing - Albright (note only buy an actual Albright solenoid, there are a lot of fakes out there).

I am still hesitant about totally wireless winches myself, and prefer a normal manual style winch.

I had to call Warn on there control pack up grade , the mount that replaces the 2 upper support on the 9.5 XP mount did not have any tapped threads , had to conform to just drive the new bolts in ... Not really happy with Warms China stuff these days .
Tech said drive them in .... So I tapped threads not hacked and Loctite the original hex head bolts in worked out good for me just more work .
So was talking to Warn Tech about the 12 Zeon Platinum and several complaints me and my buds had , Tech said they are working on adding a plug to the total wireless , everyone seems to have problems with the wireless .
I am not buying a wireless Zeon right now till I see the up grade with a redundant option to control the winch , you figure they can put a wireless spare control power source for a set of remote controled lights or what ever ... They can add a plug port for a hand control for when the wireless fails ... and it does fail .
Crazy thing I have the plug and play wireless fob with control you add to any warn standard winch and that thing works great .

My TJM T13 is sitting on the shelf at my shop , parts for my build are coming in slower than expected . I got the Bumper , Winch , Wheels .
Everything else is still on order , I see no reason to tear into the the truck until I have most of the parts .
I’m going to install the Warn 9.5 XP unless Warn does upgrade the Zeon 12 Platinum and adds a plug port as I have talked to one of Warns Tech said is was planed .
I’m not really thrilled about Warn stuff from China , 9.5 xp is a tried and true , the Zeon is pretty new and have buddies who have had to send there winch back to warn .

My TJM T13 is sitting on the shelf at my shop , parts for my build are coming in slower than expected . I got the Bumper , Winch , Wheels .
Everything else is still on order , I see no reason to tear into the the truck until I have most of the parts .
I’m going to install the Warn 9.5 XP unless Warn does upgrade the Zeon 12 Platinum and adds a plug port as I have talked to one of Warns Tech said is was planed .
I’m not really thrilled about Warn stuff from China , 9.5 xp is a tried and true , the Zeon is pretty new and have buddies who have had to send there winch back to warn .

Looking for your feedback and pictures!!

The 2016+ T13 seems rare on mud, can't seem to find any other pictures or comments. I am curious about the bumper-to-body/grill/headlights clearance, in all pictures I found on TJM webpage it seems to be sitting rather tight. Wonder if there is any risk of it hitting the body when the frame/bumper flexes.
070sb13n82c-5.jpg

I too am looking forward to seeing how this comes together. The newer TJM bumper is my favorite option, looks wise, for the 16+. It is less bulky than the Ironman, it has a slimmer profile than the ARB, and it is a no-cut option. My 4x4 shop hates TJM products because they say the powder coating isn't good, but a lot of people here seem to like them

Why did you sell that Cruiser? What was your lift/tire setup?

Had recurrent issue with it I think was some sort of electrical gremlin caused by dealer. Long story. BP-51, 285/65/18 KO2

Last edited:
I too am looking forward to seeing how this comes together. The newer TJM bumper is my favorite option, looks wise, for the 16+. It is less bulky than the Ironman, it has a slimmer profile than the ARB, and it is a no-cut option. My 4x4 shop hates TJM products because they say the powder coating isn't good, but a lot of people here seem to like them
I have one coming that I will be putting on a 2019. I was going back and forth between the ARB and TJM. Decided on the TJM, but I think both are great.

I know ARB had problems with powder coating for a few years , TJM from what I understand also had problems before they went threw restructuring of the company , everything I seen seems to be coated well has improved , they now offer 3 years on materials and manufacturing . I can't say that for ARB .
If anyone can weigh in on current ARB in the past few years how is the powder coating holding up ?

Had recurrent issue with it I think was some sort of electrical gremlin caused by dealer. Long story. BP-51, 285/65/18 KO2

Was this the one that ended up for sale in Dallas at a wholesale dealer a few months back? It had a LRA aux fuel tank, lift and bumpers but riding on stock wheels.

Was this the one that ended up for sale in Dallas at a wholesale dealer a few months back? It had a LRA aux fuel tank, lift and bumpers but riding on stock wheels.

Yes, looks like it’s still for sale though they dropped the price.

Last edited:
I will be installing this bumper on my 2019 when the weather will allow me. I need to work in my driveway and just too cold right now. I have it sitting in my garage right now. The powder coat looks good to me so far. The one thing I can say right now is that the 1.5" Factor55 fairlead will not work on this bumper. I will update more once I am able to install it.

Curious about winch options on this bumper as well. I am on the waitlist for potentially June delivery. Anybody know which 12k winches works with it? Specifically Harbor Freight Badlands Apex 12k wireless with synthetic line? Want to have the winch as an insurance policy down in remote Baja but won't hopefully won't use it a ton. Harbor Frieght has a good price on those winches & i've heard they are pretty good for the price....they also do some semi annual 30% off sales so really affordable. APEX 12,000 lb. Winch with Synthetic Rope and Wireless Remote - https://www.harborfreight.com/apex-12000-lb-winch-with-synthetic-rope-and-wireless-remote-56385.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom