TJM T13 Newer Version ... Anyone have one ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any of you guys have the newer version of the TJM T13 bumper . I placed a order with the bumper superstore 2 months ago , at the time Slee did not have any of the bumpers . Still no bumper from Super store as of last week and they had my $$$$ and they dropped the price . Slee had got there supply in and as Ben said to me they only post current inventory if they have one in hand .
So before canceling super store I stood them up and said we need to refund me some dough and they said no and I still had no bumper so I canceled the super store and re-ordered with Slee yesterday .
I was torn between ARB Summit and the TJM , I had that chance to change my mind but the one piece no cut was the big deal for me looked much cleaner compared to seeing the ARB in person , one of my buddies had one and we both were not impressed and he owns one ... LOL
I was no major deals on winch’s over the Cyber Monday , after talking to Ben said they install a lot of the Warn Zeon 12 Platinum wireless and the fit inside the bumper .
Any of you guys have a newer version of the 16+ T13 ?
Not sure how much room there is in side and access , the ARB has more access from what I see . I have no problem going modern Warn 12 wireless but also the 9.5xp is old school but a great winch and my runner up .

EF57EDCB-C59F-42B4-A6B5-87F160CF6FF0.png

Thanks for video but thats the older version , the new bumper looks like the pic I posted up top with the integrated stock headlight squirters , has a bid of a different design .

The video is for the 2016+. There are two variants, cut and no cut. The no-cut version has the integrated headlight washers. The only question I was able to tease out from your post was mostly winch cradle/access centric, so that should scratch the itch. :meh:

Any of you guys have the newer version of the TJM T13 bumper . I placed a order with the bumper superstore 2 months ago , at the time Slee did not have any of the bumpers . Still no bumper from Super store as of last week and they had my $$$$ and they dropped the price . Slee had got there supply in and as Ben said to me they only post current inventory if they have one in hand .
So before canceling super store I stood them up and said we need to refund me some dough and they said no and I still had no bumper so I canceled the super store and re-ordered with Slee yesterday .
I was torn between ARB Summit and the TJM , I had that chance to change my mind but the one piece no cut was the big deal for me looked much cleaner compared to seeing the ARB in person , one of my buddies had one and we both were not impressed and he owns one ... LOL
I was no major deals on winch’s over the Cyber Monday , after talking to Ben said they install a lot of the Warn Zeon 12 Platinum wireless and the fit inside the bumper .
Any of you guys have a newer version of the 16+ T13 ?
Not sure how much room there is in side and access , the ARB has more access from what I see . I have no problem going modern Warn 12 wireless but also the 9.5xp is old school but a great winch and my runner up .

View attachment 2513121

I had one on my 2016 I recently sold. Was actually the first in US to have one years ago. What questions do you have?

I was under the impression the cut was for 2007 to 2016 . Then 2016 + has all the sensors and one piece integrated washers and was the no cut . last time I see the cut version was on a older LC , mine is 2019 , I think that was where the changes were made also changed the winch carriage they added the Tow hook on the bottom .
I liked all the changes , the integrated washer and tow hook plus I like the looks better than the Summit which is a great bumper also , I totally ruled out the ARB Sahara with the fake aluminum hoop that does nothing but cause more damage .
Wondering about how much room in the winch carriage , I want to have everything hidden , I’m leaning toward the the new Zeon 12 platinum wireless .

If someone figures out how to put new T13 version on old 2009 LC please let me know. TJM T13 is my second favorite bumper after Slee heritage edition one off.

Off the TJM site for the 2016 + version has pretty good pictures , looks like there is a lot of room in the cradle but once the bar is on not sure how big the access holes are , most Likely why Slee recommends the newer Zeon since its wireless and dose not have a free spool lever , everything is done with the controller .
Here is a picture of the cradle with a TJM winch .
9BC7E8ED-065A-472A-A2C7-8C5C81DDEE54.png

I was under the impression the cut was for 2007 to 2016 . Then 2016 + has all the sensors and one piece integrated washers and was the no cut . last time I see the cut version was on a older LC , mine is 2019 , I think that was where the changes were made also changed the winch carriage they added the Tow hook on the bottom .
I liked all the changes , the integrated washer and tow hook plus I like the looks better than the Summit which is a great bumper also , I totally ruled out the ARB Sahara with the fake aluminum hoop that does nothing but cause more damage .
Wondering about how much room in the winch carriage , I want to have everything hidden , I’m leaning toward the the new Zeon 12 platinum wireless .

@empty80 is correct. There are 2 versions that are currently sold and always have been (full replacement and bumper cut). They also had a limited edition Patriot bumper, but that is no longer made. You can get a Zeon 12 in there. Just need to relocate controller. I have the install pdf if you want to look at it.

Actually, it looks like they produce the Patriot bumper now. It's called the Venturer. But, might have to order and wait months as it's probably not stocked anywhere in US. They also make a polished alloy bumper cut that has some different lines.

@empty80 is correct. There are 2 versions that are currently sold and always have been (full replacement and bumper cut). They also had a limited edition Patriot bumper, but that is no longer made. You can get a Zeon 12 in there. Just need to relocate controller. I have the install pdf if you want to look at it.
I was trying to avoid relocating the controller if possible , I want to keep everything inside the bumper . From the TJM winch seem like the plug connector lines up with one of the access holes in the bumper and does look like free spool on the other side lines up . Any clue how big the holes are ? can you get a hand in there ?
I did see a few guys with both ARB and TJM relocate the controller on the top side of the bumper , I'm trying to avoid anything there then I get into camera relocation problems .
I like the warn 9.5 xp I had it on a 4runner and a Tacoma was plenty and super fast , with the weight of the LC +extras I'm going to be pushing close to 8k and don't think the 9.5 is enough for these trucks .
I thought I seen a M12 mounted inside a TJM some where ?

I was trying to avoid relocating the controller if possible , I want to keep everything inside the bumper . From the TJM winch seem like the plug connector lines up with one of the access holes in the bumper and does look like free spool on the other side lines up . Any clue how big the holes are ? can you get a hand in there ?
I did see a few guys with both ARB and TJM relocate the controller on the top side of the bumper , I'm trying to avoid anything there then I get into camera relocation problems .
I like the warn 9.5 xp I had it on a 4runner and a Tacoma was plenty and super fast , with the weight of the LC +extras I'm going to be pushing close to 8k and don't think the 9.5 is enough for these trucks .

Yes, you can fit a hand in those rectangular holes. If you want to get an idea of what winches will fit in there, I'd just call Slee. They've installed plenty and would have a good idea. I know it's a bit tighter fit than the ARB as the bumper hangs over less than half as far.

I did talk to Ben , he was big on the Warn Zeon 12 Platinum did not say anything about relocating the controller , I did look on Warn site , the 10 and 12 Zeon are basically same size , the hight is 10.50 on the Zeon to the top of the control pack . The M12 just the winch is 8.45 hight thats just winch , the controller is easier to relocate or rotate .
The warn M12-s was my first choice and is about the same price as the Zeon but also have seen a few of the Zeons not hold up that well .
Thanks for all the extra info .

I did talk to Ben , he was big on the Warn Zeon 12 Platinum did not say anything about relocating the controller , I did look on Warn site , the 10 and 12 Zeon are basically same size , the hight is 10.50 on the Zeon to the top of the control pack . The M12 just the winch is 8.45 hight thats just winch , the controller is easier to relocate or rotate .
The warn M12-s was my first choice and is about the same price as the Zeon but also have seen a few of the Zeons not hold up that well .
Thanks for all the extra info .

Maybe I’m wrong about relocating the controller. I just remember hearing that somewhere. Ben would definitely know better than me.

I installed a Zeon 12 in the T13 and I ended up trimming the lower portion of the radiator mount, think its the radiator mount, but whatever - it works fine and there was zero need to relocate the control pack.

Great to hear it fits , I did re-email Ben about the Zeon 12 Platinum , thanks for another conformation on the fit .
If you were looking at the Pic I posted of the cradle above I would figure it would be the grill support just above the cradle , I could not see the radiator support .
I did find the specs on the TJM 12000 winch , its very close to size of Warns 9.5 xp .

Last edited:
I didn’t know you could install both versions on the 2016+ truck. I prefer the OG bumper as opposed to their new one.
I’m not sure what you mean by the OG design in reference to the 2016+. TJM makes two versions of the T13 for the 2016+, cut and no cut. Most of the major design concepts are the same. The TJM USA page only shows the no-cut version, and that is the version on Slee’s webpage too. If you have the right SKU, I’m sure you can order a bumper cut version from a vendor, but it like the OP’s Bumper Superstore situation, individual results may vary.

Great to hear it fits , I did re-email Ben about the Zeon 12 Platinum , thanks for another conformation on the fit .
If you were looking at the Pic I posted of the cradle above I would figure it would be the grill support just above the cradle , I could not see the radiator support .
I did find the specs on the TJM 12000 winch , its very close to size of Warns 9.5 xp .
actually its the upright support, behind the grill as you mention, that T's into the radiator top support that runs horizontal. but yes, Christo told me it wouldn't fit without modification, so modify I did and its all in there. you can do it!

Sounds pretty easy , I’m a fabricator and former body shop owner . I’m also wondering on the 2016+ the Radar / Camera .... I’m sure the camera will be fine .
Wonder about the Radar thing , especially if I add driving lights . I do remember reading a guy had 9” driving on a ARB and had problems with the alert and had to shut it off .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom