TJM snorkel installation on LX570 & LC200 question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My friends and I have 2014 LX570 / 2008 TLC.
We brought 3 TJM Snorkels from our local dealer friend who ordered from TJM USA directly.

We're going to drill out the fender and it's a bit scary to make a huge hole onto our perfectly beautiful 200 series body. :eek:
Searched the forum and found only one relative thread LINK regarding the TJM snorkel installation on our 200 series but still have some questions...

1. Do I have to relocate the Secondary Air Injection System? if so anyone with some detail or how to?
2. Anyone installed it recently and any other trick or tips to share?
3. Any other solution to connect the round TJM air inlet to the oddly shaped factory OEM airbox?
4. TJM instruction instructed to use the Neutral Cure Silicone Sealant... any specific automotive silicon to recommend?
5. My goal is to make the TJM & OEM air intake connection water tight.... any other tips to share except the use of silicon?
6. Can you use the bigger Rivnut to secure the snorkel upper body against the truck pillar for added strength?
7. Any difference between 2008 TLC & 2014 LX570 during the installation?
8. Already purchased 120mm metal hole saw... is it easier to use the huge drill saw or perhaps make some small hole w/ drill bit then use dremel?

I will document and take some pictures during the installation for future Mud installers as well.
Fingers crossed... :rolleyes:

Picture from facebook
221248752_4888005671226524_7513821096713935597_n.jpg

Last edited:
I installed a generic tjm style. Take off the horn that goes thru the fender.
Cut it flat(cut horn off)
Put it back. Put the tjm plastic hole against the inner fender. Scribe the hole shape on thr tjm and cut it larger.
Put in thr tjm fitting and glue it to the inner fender.
Put in the Toyota part and glue it to the engine side fender.
Glue the air box inlet in.
If you find a sleeve or something that could join thru the fender that would be great. It’s been bothering me for three years, but I haven’t found one yet.

I installed a generic tjm style. Take off the horn that goes thru the fender.
Cut it flat(cut horn off)
Put it back. Put the tjm plastic hole against the inner fender. Scribe the hole shape on thr tjm and cut it larger.
Put in thr tjm fitting and glue it to the inner fender.
Put in the Toyota part and glue it to the engine side fender.
Glue the air box inlet in.
If you find a sleeve or something that could join thru the fender that would be great. It’s been bothering me for three years, but I haven’t found one yet.
Thanks @grinchy I knew you could help me…
If you don’t mind, could you explain a little more detail about a ‘sleeve’ that join through the fender?

Also, have you relocate your secondary air intake from the fender while installing the snorkel?

Yeah, I plumbed the two air pumps into the snorkel; read somewhere water kills them dead.

On the snorkel, like a flanged tube that could be screwed into the flat on the tjm side, went thru the firewall, and mates to the air box directly. On mine the part that went n the fender was flat with a hole in it, not much to secure too.

I used black rtv as the glue. That stuff is very difficult to get off your hands.

Yeah, I plumbed the two air pumps into the snorkel; read somewhere water kills them dead.

On the snorkel, like a flanged tube that could be screwed into the flat on the tjm side, went thru the firewall, and mates to the air box directly. On mine the part that went n the fender was flat with a hole in it, not much to secure too.

I used black rtv as the glue. That stuff is very difficult to get off your hands.
Thanks… I will have to examine the TJM and OEM box more carefully prior to installation. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom