TJM, Ironman, ARB Sahara or ARB Front Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Me again. Looking for some Pros and Cons to help decide which Front Bumper I should consider for my 105 build.

Both the TJM and ARB bumpers are around the same price. The Ironman bumper looks like it has a little less frills and more rugged and the ARB Sahara looks compact and clean. Is there a difference in quality? One better with a winch or lighter?

Any other good or better options?

Thanks

ARB.jpg

tjm.jpg

arbsahara.jpg

ironman.jpg

Last edited:
Just like to add that it is going on a 105 with the solid front axel. Not sure if that matters, but read somewhere that it could.

If it was me, I'd look at ARB vs TJM.

I've had all three brands on three separate vehicles: the TJM on a Land Rover Discovery, the Ironman on a Nissan D22, and the ARB on a Nissan D40. I'd absolutely do TJM or ARB again. I don't think the Ironman is a bad choice per se, but I don't think it's as good as the others. Aesthetically speaking, the Ironman's bull bar looks too tall for me on the 100/105. If you look at the ARB, you can see what I'm saying. The height of that bar from the bumper seems excessive compared to ARB/TJM. I'm not a huge fan of the winch cradle Ironman uses vs. the mounting points ON the bumper like ARB, which I think is better and is definitely lighter. I'm not saying the Ironman is a bad bumper at all, I'm just saying I prefer the other options.

Then it's sort of what you decide you need. For me, a full bull bar is a must because of the animal strike risk. I like the ARB Sahara a lot, but the aluminum bar is not likely to be as tough as the full bull bar of the deluxe model, plus it doesn't protect the headlights. The front end coverage on the TJM T17 is even more minimal, but I can see the appeal of the minimalist aesthetic, plus some weight savings. If you're not concerned about animal strikes, these are great bumpers.

If you need the full bull bar, it's TJM T13 vs ARB Deluxe. I've used both and it really comes down to aesthetics. I like them both and they are both really well made. I like the rubber bumpers on the ARB, but I like the contours of the uprights on the TJM better. I definitely prefer the fog light housing of the ARB to the design on the TJM, but that's a personal thing. Again, it's aesthetics between these two.

I think it's hard to go wrong either way really, just need to decide what suits your tastes and needs.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. All are airbag compatible, etc. I currently have the ARB Deluxe and previously had the TJM. One possible discrepancy among them is that I think the ARB and TJM are still manufactured in Australia whereas the Ironman is made in Taiwan.

All the USA dealers I see have the ARB Deluxe for the 100 series with IFS. Does it matter if my 105 has the live/solid front axel?

Just like to add that it is going on a 105 with the solid front axel. Not sure if that matters, but read somewhere that it could.

ARB's OZ site shows their deluxe model fits the 100/105.
ARB has a deluxe bumpers/bars for both the 100 and 105 but the same bumper does not fit both models.

I've only seen the TJM T17 and T3 up close and would say the ARB Deluxe is more robust. I have not seen the T13 in person (First post, 2nd pic).

I had the 03 arb delux on my 98 a few years ago. very robust and solid. now on my 00 i went with the tjm t17 mainly because i like the simple design that can hold my winch. between the two, the arb definately felt like it could handle an impact much better. winch cradle on the arb also was designed really beefy compared to the tjm.

I also had 03+ ARB Deluxe on my 98 and now an Ironman bullbar on my 2001. If I were to ever get another bumper, I would lean towards ARB too, since it has an extra bar going across the width that Ironman doesn't.

105 and 100 ladder chassis are the same except of course part numbers due to SAS vs IFS up front. The mounting for front bumper is identical.

For IFS 100 series I’ll go for the ARB Sahara.
For SAS 100 series, no doubt it’s the ARB Deluxe complete with fender side rails connected to the side steps.

missing mine already.. wasn’t an LC, but the hilux
279350B6-C73D-4DDC-87D6-ADEE47CABC1F.jpeg

But had the sahara on the 200
BEDB0FBF-46D4-4C5C-86FF-86046E7B23D4.jpeg

btw between the sahara and deluxe, the corners on the sahara is significantly rounded than the deluxe making the overall look of the bumper when mounted on the vehicle more streamlined. You’ll notice it immediately, it’s a nice feature though.

Last edited:
I have the TJM T13. I chose it for a couple of reasons. The first has been mentioned several times above. I really like how the center verticals line up with and match the contours on the hood. Construction wise I also like that the winch cradle is separate from the bumper itself. No need to clock a winch 90 degrees like you might have too with an ARB delux. Another big reason I chose the TJM is because it only protrudes from the front of the truck (grill) about 6 inches where as the front of the ARB stands about 9 1/2 proud of the grill. I just though the ARB was too big of a nose on the truck. Finally, unlike at least one other above, I like the fog light set up (I upgraded to Stedi lights). I also think the turn signals and parking lights included with the bumper were of decent quality.

The picture below shows how the verticals mirror the shape of the grill edge and follow the contours of the hood.

IMG_3106.jpg

105 and 100 ladder chassis are the same except of course part numbers due to SAS vs IFS up front. The mounting for front bumper is identical.
Have you actually fitted a 105 front bumper/bar onto a 100 or vice versa?

Diagram shows
28" vs 32" front frame width (center to center).

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 11.57.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 11.57.26 PM.png

Last edited:
I've had the ARB bullbar on since before I've owned the 105 which is over 6 years now and have had no issues with rust or powder coat failure. It is a very beefy bar and has held up exceptionally over the years. Of course im bias but you can head down to a local supplier and get a feel for the different brands, material thickness, overall quality ect. If I had to pick again I'd choose the ARB.

Screenshot_20210803-181939_Gallery.jpg

Have you actually fitted a 105 front bumper/bar onto a 100 or vice versa?

Diagram shows
28" vs 32" front frame width (center to center).

View attachment 2748990View attachment 2748991
I wish I have the pictures of the 1HDFTE 105s but that was at least 6/7 yrs ago but to be sure we can always confirm with @cruiseroutfit between the HDJ105 and UZJ100 ladders. We had a couple of steady inventory for the IFS and SAS before so I may be wrong on the mounting brackets as my techs can easily swap them out for a specific build/model or could’ve modified the mounting holes and drill new ones whichever was easier and faster w/o compromising any safety features.

@OEMGUY0720 I've heard of the front bumpers interchanging between the 105 and 80 and the rear bumpers interchanging between 100 and 105. I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom