TIS Techstream - Customization Options for LC200 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to disable the automatic tilt away of steering wheel when ignition off. The dealer said that cannot be done. So went to ebay and bought myself the cable and sw. Within 5 minutes disabled the tilt/away and couple more things. If you are interested search for item #321685467946. Make sure you buy the 64bit version. Adjusting option is very easy. To give you a perspective what can be changed, below are screen shots of all adjustable options. You will notice that many options can be adjusted through Nav screen as well. If you are near Raleigh, NC I would be more than glad to program things for you (at your own risk of course).

Last edited:
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Great. Thanks!

Bad news. Doesn't matter what option you choose system performs the same way. I have noticed that manually mirrors only fold when ACC is on. The same with windows. Looks like even if the option is on, mirrors are not getting power so they do not fold even though they should. In the system shows default to fold with lock which doesn't work either. So seems to be a design issue.

Please post a pic of the device you bought.

Are the screen shots on the LC screen?

Edit:

I think I see. You buy the cable and use it to connect your laptop to the Land Cruiser.

Last edited:
Please post a pic of the device you bought.

Are the screen shots on the LC screen?

Edit:

I think I see. You buy the cable and use it to connect your laptop to the Land Cruiser.

Exactly connected using the computer. It is just a USB cable to computer port in the car below the steering wheel

I wanted to disable ....... The dealer said that cannot be done......Within 5 minutes disabled the tilt/away and couple more things.

This kind of thing drives me absolutely nuts. People would rather err on the side of giving wrong information than just say they don't know.

thanks for posting this, will have to dig out my cable this weekend and make some tweaks.

I ordered one of these cables. This is totally new territory for me; hacking my way into the electronics of my truck. Cool!

I ordered one of these cables. This is totally new territory for me; hacking my way into the electronics of my truck. Cool!

Ditto, I want to disable my DRLs. I also have a new Smart Key that I need to program, wonder if I can do that with Techstream?

Ditto, I want to disable my DRLs. I also have a new Smart Key that I need to program, wonder if I can do that with Techstream?
You might could try what works to kill drl's on my '13. Try holding the odometer button down with the "A" odometer reading on the display...the screen will change to a yes / no drl choice. Not sure though if it's possible on an '08.

Steve

Last edited:
You might could try what works to kill drl's on my '13. Try holding the odometer button down with the "A" odometer reading on the display...the screen will change to a yes / no dry choice. Not sure though if it's possible on an '08.

Steve

Fascinating, I will try that. I actually already disabled my DRLs by disconnecting a little aluminum box under the hood, but I think its some sort of heat-sink thing and would rather reconnect that and disable them the right way.

Yes, in the package I got there was a tutorial how to program. Screen shots are just to customize things. There are many more things I am afraid to touch as it touches CPU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom