TIS File Structure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. Newbie here. I'm attempting to download the FSM from the Toyota site. I saw a thread here where some members had made a file of the folders needed to download the whole FSM, but it seemed to be inactive when I hit the link. Does anyone have a copy of the folder structure that I can just download to from?

I'm looking forward to downloading this thing as much as I am rebuilding my knuckles, but the price is right.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have the structure for you.

However it is easy to create as you go. I just created folders as I downloaded the files. Every time I opened a "folder" on the web site I created a new windows folder. Easy as pie.

It goes a LOT faster if you uninstall adobe and just save the files to disk rather than have it open the file in Acrobat first. Then reinstall Acrobat when you are finished (make usre you have the right versio per the TIS site) and use the files as needed.

Charlie

CharlieS said:
I don't have the structure for you.

However it is easy to create as you go. I just created folders as I downloaded the files. Every time I opened a "folder" on the web site I created a new windows folder. Easy as pie.

The structure that I suppled in the ZIP file referenced in Raven's post above, has folders and all filenames. The filenames correspond to the selection names used at TIS. Unfortunately the TIS filenames are abbreviated and when you save them using their file names you get a big mess. The suggested structure keeps everything in sequence and keeps meaningful names of each document.

I'm getting a 1GB SD card for my Treo 650 and I think it will hold all of the pdf's in the electronic FSM. True geekdom.

-B-

Follow the suggestions in the posts in Raven's thread. You can simply number them as you download them, then combine them all into one file.

Beowulf said:
I'm getting a 1GB SD card for my Treo 650 and I think it will hold all of the pdf's in the electronic FSM. True geekdom.

-B-

the full manual set on your cell phone? now that is a high hoarse power geek operation ( very cool idea :cool: ) will that phone open/display PDF's ?

as for space it will fit with plenty of room to spare , my set is arround 200MB with soem other stuff thrown in.

Got it all

Got it. I numbered them as I downloaded it and it worked. I still have to do a bit of clean up. This is my first factory manual, and I'm looking at it thinking how come I've never seen this much info on one subject before. It's def a revelation for me.

I don't have any odea what a Treo 650 is, but all of the tech doc for my '96 (FSM, EWD, TSBs, training, etc) all fits on a 1 gig USB removable storage with lots of space to spare. All told, I think it is about 600 Mb.

Charlie

CharlieS said:
I don't have any odea what a Treo 650 is, but all of the tech doc for my '96 (FSM, EWD, TSBs, training, etc) all fits on a 1 gig USB removable storage with lots of space to spare. All told, I think it is about 600 Mb.

The Treo 650 is a cell phone, Palm PDA, Bluetooth GPS, Internet browser, E-Mail, and camera... all in a phone-sized package. It has an SD card slot for large files like maps and PDF documents. Adobe has a Palm app for displaying PDF documents so the electronic version of the FSM will get loaded to the SD card if it makes sense. My OBD-II scanner is also planned for loading to the Treo but I'll need a special cable if I can't find a way to use Bluetooth.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom