Tire Pressure Sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After You Install New Wheels, Do You Need To Have The Tire Sensors Re-programed? The Indicater Light Came On After A Few Hundred Miles. All Tire Pressures Are The Same.

After You Install New Wheels, Do You Need To Have The Tire Sensors Re-programed? The Indicater Light Came On After A Few Hundred Miles. All Tire Pressures Are The Same.

que wtf??? you must aftermarket tire pressure sensors. that's not an option as far a I know. Different tires shouldn't change what the computers are sensing.

THEY ARE ORIGINAL SONSORS PUT INTO DIFFERENT WHEELS. MY QUESTION IS THEY ARE IN A DIFFERENT LOCATIONS ON THE CRUISER DO THEY NEED TO BE REPROGRAMED TO THAT LOCATION. OR IT COULD BE THAT THE TIRE SHOP BROKE ONE OR SCREWED ONE UP. AND aLSO DOES TEMP CHANGE AFFECT THEM.

did not have to reprogram mine but my tire guy made sure to use same ones in same locations as he was not familiar with reprogramming on FJ....light never came on.

it covers how to fix them in manual if light comes on....on previous vehicles they would come on if tire pressure got low or I had to add air to all tires. There is always a way to check tire pressure and when good...reset system to calibrate off of new tire pressures.

what was the problem and what must a guy do when changing his rims to avoid problems ?
thanks

THEY ARE ORIGINAL SONSORS PUT INTO DIFFERENT WHEELS. MY QUESTION IS THEY ARE IN A DIFFERENT LOCATIONS ON THE CRUISER DO THEY NEED TO BE REPROGRAMED TO THAT LOCATION. OR IT COULD BE THAT THE TIRE SHOP BROKE ONE OR SCREWED ONE UP. AND aLSO DOES TEMP CHANGE AFFECT THEM.
Hi Guys,

This deosn't make sense! When you rotate your tires, they are in different locations every time! Why wouldn't that change the computer? I didn't know they came with my FJ. they are on my wife's Seinna. Nice van too!

Woodeye:hmm:

it theoratically should not make a difference unless the system can tell differene between tires.....if it says LR LOW or SPARE LOW then it might. On my other vehicles it is not a problem with rotating. Tire guy was not sure about the FJ so he just did that to be safe so I would not ride around with light on dash.

Only issue I have ever had was tire place putting too much air in tires one time and I let them down and it went off...so had to reset as it recognized the drop in pressure in tires even though I made them all the same.

all 5 sensors are programed into the computer for that vehicle. I had a different sensor in my spair that was not programed into the computer and it threw the indicator light on the dash. the dealer wanted $80 to reprogram that sensor into the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom