Timing while ecu learning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had my battery disconnected for a bit and after I connected it back up I adjusted the tps to make sure it was in spec and when I fired it up I was going to adjust my timing up a little, but I can't get it off of 11 degrees timing at idle. It showed 3 degrees at idle prior, but no matter whether the pins are jumped or not, I can't get the timing down under 11 degrees. Is this normal to not be able to set timing during the ecu learn phase?

I finally got the truck where it would allow me to set the base timing. Turns out setting my TPS to 11 at idle (throttle position setting in ultragauge or any obd2 scanner that shows that) per some threads here made it so that my 02 ready status was never achieved. Was throwing a P0510 code once I did the O2 ready test. I put it back to about 8 and did the runs/test to get the monitor to show ready and once all my monitor status checks were ready the timing went right down to 3* and allowed me to set the base with the jumper.

So... if you can't get to where your base timing can be set with the jumpers, check to make sure your 4 monitors are showing ready, or in my case, the 02 ready anyway. The attachment shows how to make the 4 monitors go ready or show a check engine light to tell you why they cannot go ready state.

Attachments

• Drive Pattern - OBDII Monitor Readiness.pdf
    143.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom