Thule boxes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had good luck with these going off road? I have repaired mine one time due to cracking. I took it out again and I have developed an additional crack. I am not sure if I did not see it the first time or if these things are not meant to be on top of a cruiser when off pavement. I have considered a rack but I like the aerodynamics and the ability to keep items mostly dry.

@TXSunDevil I've seen a lot of those boxes crack. If you can get a flat rack, I kind of like the idea of having front runner style boxes secured near the rear of the vehicle on the roof. My next project is to make a flat low-profile roof rack that is mounted between the factory rails (or full replacement) on my LX470, so we can haul our tent and maybe a couple of boxes on the roof.

I fixed the latest crack with PVC cement and it held up to a few days off road. I would really like a flat rack but being able to keep the dirt and wind off of sleeping bags is nice. The box has not made too much of a difference with mileage either. I hope it doesn't crack again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom