Throttle cable clip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys and gals,

I have a problem with my Throttle cable. The clip is broken and the cable is loose on the throttle.
The Toyota dealer cant order a clip . How do I fix this?

61827252_2156726354425798_2179468647410434048_n.jpg
62084262_2156726317759135_6119675939728130048_n.jpg

I've had to play around a bit with my throttle linkage and cable and also found it hard to get replacement parts, so I'm being very nice to mine, and keeping them well lubricated and happy.

Before repairing the clip, there are a couple things to look at first.

The more important thing - make sure the end stop bolt under your accelerator pedal is adjusted to the right length so that you're not yanking the accelerator cable off the ball joint when you hit the end stop of the intake butterfly on hard acceleration.

The other thing to look at is whether the rotating arm on the firewall is worn out. When it's worn, it twists and the cable won't pull straight and is more likely to pop out.

As for replacing the clip, I have a couple untested suggestions...

Find a short strong spring with the same diameter as the clip and twist it into place sideways over the little cable barrel socket after you've put it on the ball arm.

or cut some grooves around the cable barrel end near the outside of the ball socket hole and use some fine stainless tie wire to put a tight tie loop on either side of the ball and socket to hold them together.

Ha! Nice one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom