Thoughts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Nissan Armada 2022 platinum and newer, thinking about adding one to the fleet, they seem to drive decent, but have been a Lexus guy for years.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Nissan Armada 2022 platinum and newer, thinking about adding one to the fleet, they seem to drive decent, but have been a Lexus guy for years.

It's not a LC200/LX570...'nuff said.

They're basically an US Nissan Patrol, which has decent following globally but doesn't have the reputation the Land Cruiser does for reliability and longevity.

There's a reason they're a lot cheaper than a Land Cruiser. If you want a real "value", look at the Infinity version, those have been listed as one of the fastest depreciating cars you can buy.

My buddies wife has one as a mall cruzer. It's comfortable enough and good for the kids. Fairly reliable. I'm not going to publicly recommend one on a 200 series TLC forum, but you've got to ask yourself, "what are you going to use it for?"

If you're looking for big/reliable/affordable, it might check the boxes for your uses.

Also looking at the GX 460, I am just not interested in the new V6’s getting relatively the same gas mileage. It will be a non off-road vehicle, but used for long road trips. It’s crazy the depreciation the Armada has in 2-3 years, yet made in Japan with a proven drive train, the 22” wheels are just stupid

Also looking at the GX 460, I am just not interested in the new V6’s getting relatively the same gas mileage. It will be a non off-road vehicle, but used for long road trips. It’s crazy the depreciation the Armada has in 2-3 years, yet made in Japan with a proven drive train, the 22” wheels are just stupid
Non-off road and you need a 3rd row. Why not something like a Highlander or pilot?

I have a buddy that picked up a used armada cheep. He is happy with it.

If you've liked the LX 570, why not try to get one of the last new 2023 GC 460s sitting around on dealers' lots? Then you'll have a fine Japanese-made truck with a V8 (though a little smaller and little lower end compared to the 570).

Armadas are fantastically huge inside. Ride was too floaty for my taste, so do a test drive. Definitely not as sophisticated as a 200 or 150 (or 250…) but for the right buyer it offers a fantastic value.

Aussies are throwing 37s on them and wheeling them hard. Strong cult following there and the Middle East.

Reactions: CT3
I rented the Infinity version in Utah a couple of years ago. It’s not to the same standard as my LX but way better than a Tahoe/Yukon. Also I have a Nissan work van in my office truck fleet. The engine is VERY strong. We’ve put over 120k on it always loaded to max GVW and it’s perfect.

I prefer my LX, but the Infinity was a good highway cruiser.

Agreed on the above. Nissan truck-framed vehicles have been fantastic for me over the past couple decades. They've usually been cheaper than a similar Toyota because they've had simpler interiors and tech and do not command the high resale value, but they've had strong engines and have been very reliable. If the Armada had the off-road goodies like they come with on the Patrol (Australia's version of the Armada), I probably would have bought one (not in replacement of, but alongside my 200).

I seem to remember reading there are substantial differences between the AUS and US armada drivetrains.. IRS vs solid axle maybe? With a weaker diff?

Head over to the Armada forum and ask some people that actually own them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom