Thoughts on a vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning. Has anyone purchased from Auto Buying Service in Fairfield, VA? How was your experience with the vehicle purchased? If anyone is near that dealer would you mind looking over an LX for me (for the wife)?

Good morning. Has anyone purchased from Auto Buying Service in Fairfield, VA? How was your experience with the vehicle purchased? If anyone is near that dealer would you mind looking over an LX for me (for the wife)?
No and I’m not nearby.

Some Common issues for lx’s are:

-A witness line/crack forming on top of the radiator and then splitting one day…easily fixed with $15 worth of JB weld on the spot that cracks preemptively…or about $400 for a radiator if you fix it yourself…or $800-$1000 worth of replacement radiator and labor (estimating)

-need for an ahc fluid swap every 60k miles…$70 fluid if you do it for yourself in your driveway (very easy) or $300+ fluid/and labor if you pay someone (estimating)

-need for replacement of ahc globes to get damping back to stock every 10 years. $670 or so for parts and fluid if you do it yourself in your driveway [very easy job]….$4000+ if you pay dealer…

-occasional starter or alternator death…this isn’t really common but it happens on occasion.

Nothing else really comes to mind other than that I think, unless your goal is highway performance, the 20’s that come stock on them are not ideal imo.

Getting a set of 5 17’s or 18’s to better suit the vehicle will add around $900-$1250 for reasonable wheels to the price of tires when the time comes. The sky’s the limit on that though.

Are you handy? Can you do your own maintenance? If not then who will do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom