Thought you'd like this one........! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No water pump yet. It'll probably show up Monday. Then it will begin. Not much time left before McGrew. :eek:

Pump is in. Pretty funny- it is an Aisin pump and if I compare it to the stock one that I took off it is identical in every way including all the little casting marks. There are 2 notable differences though, on the old stock pump there is a part# and the word "Toyota"cast into the pump. On my new one both of those items have been ground off before being shipped. Guess Toyota wants those only on the ones they sell at the deaLER! :p

Pump is in. Pretty funny- it is an Aisin pump and if I compare it to the stock one that I took off it is identical in every way including all the little casting marks. There are 2 notable differences though, on the old stock pump there is a part# and the word "Toyota"cast into the pump. On my new one both of those items have been ground off before being shipped. Guess Toyota wants those only on the ones they sell at the deaLER! :p

Nice job!

Toy used a lot of aisin parts, one being my fan clutch ;p

I may need to peek at your engine this weekend sometime Ty. I FeRgiT Stufff all the Tyme!! :doh:

OK, this is it! I'm gonna go out there and.........figure out which bolts hold the WP on..!!! Don't get in my way! :lol:

OK, this is it! I'm gonna go out there and.........figure out which bolts hold the WP on..!!! Don't get in my way! :lol:

Just got back from six days in Alaska; didn't know you were still working on that pump.

Hit me up and I can come by with one of my rigs and the FSM sometime in the next few days.

Curtis

Thanks Curtis, I've got a FSM for the 1990 year. Should be identical. Today I was tinkering around, kind of piecing all the stuff back together. I do know they didn't send me the gasket that goes between the pump itself and the block. I'll have to call Toyota first thing in the morning and get it ordered. When it's in I want to start getting it sealed up. I keep running into stuff I forgot and then it's a few more days waiting. I've also misplaced the nut that attaches the battery ground down by the A/C compressor. I'll take all the help I can get, probably the big day will be this weekend sometime-when everybody is out having fun. :rolleyes:

Those bored this Saturday can drop by my place to criticize and humiliate. Anyone with a 3FE under their hood is given priority to comment and belittle my mechanical skills. I may also need help moving my old tranny around and transfer case, etc. BTW, can anyone make use of my old tranny or transfer case(minus the carnaged interior items)? I've decided not to hang onto them for spares so???

Those bored this Saturday can drop by my place to criticize and humiliate. Anyone with a 3FE under their hood is given priority to comment and belittle my mechanical skills. I may also need help moving my old tranny around and transfer case, etc. BTW, can anyone make use of my old tranny or transfer case(minus the carnaged interior items)? I've decided not to hang onto them for spares so???

I can swing by and help, but have know clue on the details of a 3fe.

Ty, i thought your's was a 3fe ??

nope 1fz-fe

they changed to it in '93.

I'd come by just for the chance to see you with dirty hands! :popcorn:
Gas is a bit 'spensive for that trip yet. :steer: Good luck. It is a one :banana: job, though.

Pump is on, along with a few peripherals. I found the large flat surfaces where the pump mates to the block to be "strange". :hmm: Also the gasket and 4 bolt pattern don't seem to be the best way to distribute the torque evenly. Oh well, plenty of clean surfaces and sealant used. I actually think I may get it started this weekend! :eek:

Got stuck doing chores around the house this morning; heading over now to see how you're doing.

Should be there ~12:30.

Curtis

Thanks Ty and Curtis. Now I know what a :doh:meter is used for! And that not all 3FE engines have the same configuration year to year. Made progress though and may actually have an working A/C when I get this done. Aric, if you read this, did you say the ribber seals all need to be changed when switching to 134? 'Cuz there is a large rubber seal used putting the A/C compressor back together(two units used to build one) and it's really accessible now but not after installing. Or do I just need the O-rings where the lines attach?

Also, I think Aric said you can check your TPS to see if it is functioning correctly with an ohmmeter also. Maybe we can do a quick check on that since it is easy to get to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom